Worth replacing?

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, I dropped my 6P without a case or a screen protector (both are waiting to be shipped from Amazon) and now there is a somewhat noticeable scratch on the top-right-hand side of the screen...which kinda sucks cause I just got the phone 4 days ago!!!
DSCF2879.jpg

Do you guys think I should get it replaced? I have a glass screen protector in the mail.

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Depends on cost to replace. I wouldn't at this point since that is minor but I know I would be very upset!

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, I dropped my 6P without a case or a screen protector (both are waiting to be shipped from Amazon) and now there is a somewhat noticeable scratch on the top-right-hand side of the screen...which kinda sucks cause I just got the phone 4 days ago!!!
View attachment 204844

Do you guys think I should get it replaced? I have a glass screen protector in the mail.

This may be a dumb question but did you get insurance on the device? I did and its only $49 to replace the device. This is just me but I would pay the $50 to replace it. You will also get used to it. Give it a couple weeks and you won't really notice it.

Sorry to hear about that scratch!

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
That's what sucks about buying a phone right when it's released, accessories can't seem to be released with the phone, or at least in any decent quantity. Google's own case for the 6P been out of stock all week at least.

Yeah that's a tough call with that scratch, it would sure drive me nuts, but is it worth using up one of your two replacements with Nexus Protect.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
This may be a dumb question but did you get insurance on the device? I did and its only $49 to replace the device. This is just me but I would pay the $50 to replace it. You will also get used to it. Give it a couple weeks and you won't really notice it.

Sorry to hear about that scratch!

Did you get Nexus Protect? Cause this is what Google's site says:

"It's easy to stay connected. File a claim with our partner Assurant Solutions by phone or at mynexusprotect.com, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Claims are subject to a $79 deductible and up to 2 incidents of accidental damage coverage for 2 years."

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Once I put the TGSP on it it should be less visible right? Personally going through all the hassle of replacing and returning (stock shortage in my country) doesn't seem worth it - I guess I could man up and accept one little scratch :p

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Did you get Nexus Protect? Cause this is what Google's site says:

"It's easy to stay connected. File a claim with our partner Assurant Solutions by phone or at mynexusprotect.com, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Claims are subject to a $79 deductible and up to 2 incidents of accidental damage coverage for 2 years."

Nah I don't have it :/ it would be a replacement for 1/5th the cost I think

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Once I put the TGSP on it it should be less visible right? Personally going through all the hassle of replacing and returning (stock shortage in my country) doesn't seem worth it - I guess I could man up and accept one little scratch :p

That is a real shame as it would bug me so much but I agree if you fit a TGSP it will be less visible

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
It was in my pocket when I sat down in my computer chair and it fell on the floor, only half a metre or so. So gutted :/

Oh wow I dropped my htc m8 million times and never got a scratch. I did Crack the screen some how after 2 years tho.

Maybe I should get a screen protector for my 6p

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh wow I dropped my htc m8 million times and never got a scratch. I did Crack the screen some how after 2 years tho.

Maybe I should get a screen protector for my 6p

Yeah I've never scratched a screen that bad like that before. Must've been some bad luck