6p screen protector? are you going with it or without? what's a good one to get?

newbeginning82801

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I've always used a zagg screen protectors on all my phones they definitely do make a big difference in preventing scratches on your screen and it also helps preventing your screen from shattering. Once I get the screen protectors on and the bubbles work their way out I usually hardly ever notice that there is a screen protector even on there. Yeah not using the screen protector feels a little better sometimes and looks maybe a little clearer but I find naked screens attract fingerprints much worse than a screen protector does, which definitely annoys me more than using a screen protector.

Zagg doesn't have a screen protector for the 6P so I got the Skinomi® TechSkin instead.

Have you received yours yet? I ordered one as well, received it, put it on, and realized that there is no cutout for the proximity sensor and ambient display doesn't work. Just curious if yours is the same.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the tempered glass perfectos from SuperShieldz. Runs about $7 shipped and they've always been good about replacing for whatever reason.

For example, the original one I ordered and they shipped was missing the proximity sensor cutout which is causing some people problems.

Contacted them over the weekend via Amazon and they replied the next day starting they were sending the replacement out today.

My 6P arrived today so I put the bad one on in the meantime as I'm not waiting for the replacement to arrive.

via the AC App on a Nexus 6P

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have not used my phone outside since I do not have a screen protector yet. Looks like several of them did not account for the proximity sensor so had to redesign them. I have a Yoozon coming next week. They have a properly designed one for 7.99 on Amazon.
IMG_20151111_062706947.jpg

I got this one, it's great other than it won't adhere to the lower right corner. I've contacted them and I'm awaiting a reply. Other than this, it fits and looks great.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 205439

I got this one, it's great other than it won't adhere to the lower right corner. I've contacted them and I'm awaiting a reply. Other than this, it fits and looks great.

This happened to me on two tempered glass ones. I'm pretty sure it is because my phone tapers off on the top/bottom right corners. I have two intelliarmor tempered ones coming soon so I will try those. If those don't work I will stick with my plastic protector until intelliarmor comes out with the pro version that is clear for the screen but has black on the top/bottom. Essentially masking the bubble up in your photo.

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I had a bubble like that on my Nexus 5, on the lower left corner. All it takes is an ever so slight depression in the glass to bubble like that. Remember that the the glass is extremely rigid. Even a tiny derivation from a flat surface will cause it to pull away.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Have not used a screen protector since the HTC EVO 4G LTE a few years back. Since that phone I've gone "Naked" on the screen with a Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, 5, 6 and will do the same with the 6p. (oh and my company iPhone)

All of those phones end up with a couple of micro scratches that you can only see when you clean the screen and LOOK for them.

I didn't even put a screen protector on my daughters Moto X she's had for almost two years (She's only 12 now) and it's not scratched up at all. Takes a lot to scratch glass... Very few things out there are harder but all it takes is a grain of sand to jack up your screen..

This is pretty much where I stand as well, same experience as yours

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I preordered my IntelliGlass screen protector back on 10/26 and now got this email. Probably the same issue with everyone who ordered since then maybe?

"Hello!
If I had to guess, you’re probably wondering where that pre-order of your intelliGLASS HD Nexus 6P order is.

I can confirm our updated and revised intelliGLASS HD Nexus 6P has finished production and shipments will begin soon.

The bad news is that due to an international shipment delay beyond our control, not all of our inbound shipments were received which in turn delayed the shipment of your order.

The good news is that we just heard back that our intelliGLASS Nexus 6P inventory has cleared customs and is on its way to our U.S. warehouse. The second it arrives, shipments will begin shortly thereafter.

I can assure you that we’re doing everything we can do to get your intelliGLASS in your hands as quickly as possible and we stand behind our satisfaction guarantee and lifetime warranty. To help keep you up to date, we've added a page to our site that will updated with the most current information - intelliARMOR.com/nexus6p

Our support team is standing by to answer any of your questions on this and is ready to help.

-
Adam Webster
intelliARMOR Support Manager
support@intelliARMOR.com"

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I preordered my IntelliGlass screen protector back on 10/29 and now got this email. Probably the same issue with everyone who ordered since then maybe?

I got the same email today. Going to wait it out and try to be extra careful.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that is one of the risks of buying a device soon after launch. There is bound to be some issues with screen protectors, cases, etc... fit and finish type stuff. A lot of these companies design and manufacture based on some basic renders/measurements. And they go into mass production without ever doing any kind of fit testing on a device. So you end up with instances where proximity sensors get covered up, ports around cameras too small or too close to the flash, causing reflection back into the camera, etc.

But it's the nature of the beast... they all know that people will most likely order their phones and the cases/protectors at the same time, so it is either ship off a possibly junk product that they will have to replace or lose out on a sale.

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 205439

I have the same problem on my yoozon, too! glad i'm not alone and I hope they correct this problem and offer an exchange. it will suffice, for now. in my opinion, it has the best proximity sensor cut out--the others have a square end, where as this one has a round end.

as for those "in stock" dates, I have found that my screen protector and case shipped early than estimated. so don't hesitate to order now. they may keep pushing the date back until they have a steady supply.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a Skinomi glass protector but it seems one of the cutouts wasn't in the first batch, so they're sending an updated one. I've been pretty happy with the Skinomi glass protectors I've gotten in the past, but there are supposedly better ones (like Orzly, which is supposedly the best, but one I've never tried).

Borse2008

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
If you look on eBay there are some suppliers who have stock of temerpered glass they aren't the bug branded ones but will do the job until I get a better one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn