Having a few minor issues

jmh625

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
First off met me say this phone is amazing! I absolutely loved my note 3 and don't regret the switch. With that said, I am having an issue with my Bluetooth head phones. They are the LG tone head phones (absolutely love these also) and my issue is every time I make on screen selections I hear a scratching noise. Whether I'm selection a song, video or just surfing the Web. It's not a deal breaker for me but they did work flawlessly on my note 3. Hoping an update will fix this issue. Also, while connected to Bluetooth in my car the connection seems to almost fadeout. Everytime this has happened I reach down to click on the phone and it seems to reconnect. It is almost like the volume turns down. Have same results while using the phone in the car. I hear the scratching noise and volume fades. Everything is great while the phone isn't being used. Once again, never had these issues with my note 3.

My next issue is more of being a stickler. I use SwiftKey as my keyboard. I currently use my note 3 as a work phone and leave the 6p at home (work construction and don't want to ruin the phone). Obviously I don't leave the phone on while tucked in a drawer. I have the phone set to ask for a password when powered on. Problem is the key board is Google and not SwiftKey lol. Yes I know it's not a huge issue, but every time I see this I freak out like I need to reset SwiftKey.

Other issues are I can't make new threads on AC app. Keeps saying I'm not logged in and don't have permission. Also, SwiftKey is unusable in landscape mode bc you can't see what you are typing.

Anyone have similar issues?

Posted via the Android Central App

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the first one.

For the second, are you sure that you have SwiftKey as your primary keyboard in Settings? If so and you still have that issue, it might be an app specific problem. Perhaps SwiftKey hadn't quite updated for Marshmallow yet.

For the third, that is definitely an AC app problem. I've also had problems with the AC app in that I'm unable to attach pics to threads, and have had occasional crashes with the app. I'm sure they're working to squash bugs.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking that you can't use SwiftKey when first turning the phone on after it has been powered off. I fairly sure the issue is the encryption -- because your "data" is encrypted, the SwiftKey app is encrypted and, as a security precaution, it doesn't start decrypting until after your password is entered. I suppose if you didn't encrypt the phone you could get it to work, though there is no guarantee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax