Nexus warming up

sliyk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys
I just wanted to ask what the general opinion regarding heating of the phone is. On wifi it takes a lot for the phone to get warm but when I am on 4g and just browsing(i don't do anything g heavy on the phone like gaming but multitasking like Facebook what's app and chrome etc) the top end of the phone gets warm noticeably, not uncomfortable but still warm. I wasn't expecting it on the 3rd day of use so am I being paranoid or did I get a lemon?

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Paranoid.... the metal body conducts heat away from the cpu very efficiently so it is going to get warm. If it gets so hot you can not touch it then I would get nervous.

Posted via the Android Central App

sliyk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Paranoid.... the metal body conducts heat away from the cpu very efficiently so it is going to get warm. If it gets so hot you can not touch it then I would get nervous.

Thanks for the reply. I am using the rubber case I ordered with the phone so many the phone is unable to dissipate the heat and it gets trapped and makes the screen warm as well?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am using the rubber case I ordered with the phone so many the phone is unable to dissipate the heat and it gets trapped and makes the screen warm as well?

Cases trap heat. I always have my phone naked, and this phone has been running cooler than my old nexus 6. I remember that phone heating up just browsing. The only time this phone heats up is when its rapid charging, or playing full screen games. Other than that it's been great.

sliyk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Cases trap heat. I always have my phone naked, and this phone has been running cooler than my old nexus 6. I remember that phone heating up just browsing. The only time this phone heats up is when its rapid charging, or playing full screen games. Other than that it's been great.

I get what you mean but I think a little part of me will die with this phone if I dropped it and it broke

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan