Google Nexus 6P Rapid Charging with battery pack / portable back up power

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have one of those back up power packs. I am sure many of us do too. Has anyone experimented charing with a battery pack yet?

I assume it doesn't do the rapid charging.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rapid Charging with battery pack / portable back up power

I have this one. Just got it a few days ago, it's very compact and feels well built. The unit itself charges in a few hours when charged with my Note 5 quick charge 2.0 charger. It will charge the Note 5 twice and charges at the quick charge rate.

Definitely recommend this unit if you're in the market.

[Quick Charge] Anker PowerCore+ 10050: The World's Smallest 10000mAh Portable Charger with Premium Aluminum Shell and Qualcomm Certified Quick Charge 2.0 Technology (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HSQXZ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4833415

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Unless you're using a cable that does not comply with USB specifications, you won't get "charging rapidly" from any of the current (no pun intended) battery packs. I'm sure Anker is working on new packs that support USB-C charging, and at that time you likely WILL get the "charging rapidly" legitimately.

I have an Anker 2nd gen Astro E5 16000 mAh with PowerIQ technology and 3A output on a single port with only one device plugged in. It charged my Moto X 2013 FAST, does fine with my Samsung Note 10.1 (2014) tablet but with both plugged in it slows down as it drops to 1.5A per port. I haven't needed to use it with the 6P yet, though I tested it with my iOrange-E cables to see if it indicated "charging rapidly", it didn't.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

The Anker 2. Gen.*Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery with Power IQ will rapid charge your 6P when using OPO USB type C cable

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I have this one. Just got it a few days ago, it's very compact and feels well built. The unit itself charges in a few hours when charged with my Note 5 quick charge 2.0 charger. It will charge the Note 5 twice and charges at the quick charge rate.

Definitely recommend this unit if you're in the market.

[Quick Charge] Anker PowerCore+ 10050: The World's Smallest 10000mAh Portable Charger with Premium Aluminum Shell and Qualcomm Certified Quick Charge 2.0 Technology (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HSQXZ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4833603

I have this one too and like it. It will not, however, fast charge the Nexus 6P. There is a 20,100 RavPower pack with a USB C and 3A that will fast charge the Nexus 6P

Amazon.com: [The 1st Quick Charge + USB-C Portable Charger in The World] RAVPower 20100mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank; Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 Technology; USB-C/Type-C Port; for Phones, Tablets and more: Cell Phones & Accessories

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

The Anker 2. Gen.*Astro E4 13000mAh External Battery with Power IQ will rapid charge your 6P when using OPO USB type C cable

That's because the OPO cable doesn't meet USB spec properly. Check out Benson Leung on G+, he's a Google engineer that is testing and reviewing cables for USB-C compliance. You risk burning out your charger by using that cable.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll contact OPO and see if they'll refund me it if they have revised cables being produced