Google Nexus 6P Must have apps

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Must have apps

I am new to Android what are the must have apps to get me started

Light Flow is a good start... it will let you change the notification light to be specific to what you like... Blue for Gmail, Green for SMS, etc, etc.

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site

It depends on what you really want to do with your phone. There are way too many good apps for us to just list them without knowing what you want and need your phone to do!

Roose00

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I second lightflow

nova/nova prime. missed it.

Talon for twitter. swiftkey. weather timeline. Radarscope. Zedge is extremely easy to use for ringtones.

If on verizon, i would recommend verizon messages. I really can't believe i enjoy it, but it gives a really great media experience and its reliable (i was having issues with google messenger).

Ive been enjoying tapatalk (which i haven't used in years) and Dolphin Browser is nice alternative to chrome.

dropbox. google drive. evernote. all solid cross platform apps if you need them.

It has been sometime since I have been on android full time. I would love to know what everyone is using daily, on their phones.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Well it really depends on what you want. I try to stay as vanilla as possible. But the 3 apps i can not live without are SwiftKey for keyboard, Inbox for Gmail, and mSecure to store my passwords and such. Oh and since I'm on Verizon, I have verizon voice mail app.

Nova Prime is a launcher I used for years but not since I started using nexus 6. There is something about Google now launcher that got me addicted and I don't know what it is cause it's as simple as a launcher can get.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Well it really depends on what you want. I try to stay as vanilla as possible. But the 3 apps i can not live without are SwiftKey for keyboard, Inbox for Gmail, and mSecure to store my passwords and such. Oh and since I'm on Verizon, I have verizon voice mail app.

Nova Prime is a launcher I used for years but not since I started using nexus 6. There is something about Google now launcher that got me addicted and I don't know what it is cause it's as simple as a launcher can get.

Can you use Inbox for non-Gmail accounts?

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site

I second SwiftKey. By far the best keyboard I've used.

I personally don't like Hangouts, so I use a messaging app called hello SMS. It's a bit different from most messaging apps but I like it. I also like Textra.

The thing with Android is that if you don't like something, you can change it. So anything that you're not 100% happy with, just find another app that does the same thing only better.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I second SwiftKey. By far the best keyboard I've used.

I personally don't like Hangouts, so I use a messaging app called hello SMS. It's a bit different from most messaging apps but I like it. I also like Textra.

The thing with Android is that if you don't like something, you can change it. So anything that you're not 100% happy with, just find another app that does the same thing only better.

Using SwiftKey as well. The one thing I don't like is the pop-up on key press. It's quite distracting. I wish there was a way to disable it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Can you use Inbox for non-Gmail accounts?

Unfortunately not yet. I still have gmail installed along side inbox. I only go to Gmail app for none gmail related emails. It took me some time to adjust to inbox but now it's amazing. I also access it online at inbox.google.com

yenyob

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Where did you get the VZW voicemail app?

Thanks!

I 2nd this question. It won't let me download it and I'm assuming it's because the whole not an approved device thing. But come on, it's just visual voicemail. I use it all the time. Felt weird calling to get my Vm again.

Posted via the Android Central App

athensjohn

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Must have apps for me:

Swiftkey (I like testing other keyboards, but I have always come back to swiftkey. Stock is not too bad)
dropbox
hangouts
Chronus (I use the flex widget to display weather and my schedule on my home page)
AZ Screen Recorder
Band
photos (google)
gmail
drive
mint
netflix, hulu, chromecast, hbo go
pushbullet - great for desktop notifications of what is going on your phone, transferring files, and responding to sms messages from your desktop)
rewards (google)
twitter
weather radio
clash of clans

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I agree about lightflow also. I've been hearing about it on these forums for years but never tried it. I'm using it on my 6P now and really like it. Beautiful Widgets is another one of my favorites. I've used it on every Android phone I've had.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

QuickPic for Gallery photos, much better than the stock Google photos and Sync.ME if you'll miss synchronizing your Facebook/Google plus contact photos with your phones contact list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol