Who's rooted their 6p and for what?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Trying to figure if its worth it or not. It's been a while since I've rooted and tinkered, since the one m7. Any ideas of what's out there? I know a couple things I would venture into but I'm sure there's more out there that's worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't have one (yet) but I will be rooting it. Main reasons are control over the device, security app (Avast - which has an anti-theft add-on that requires root), and I generally enjoy tinkering with my toys. I've got an M8 now and I have it rooted, S-OFF, and it's running a custom OS. I'm planning to keep the native Android on my 6P, but I still plan to tinker until I've got it exactly how I want it.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have one (yet) but I will be rooting it. Main reasons are control over the device, security app (Avast - which has an anti-theft add-on that requires root), and I generally enjoy tinkering with my toys. I've got an M8 now and I have it rooted, S-OFF, and it's running a custom OS. I'm planning to keep the native Android on my 6P, but I still plan to tinker until I've got it exactly how I want it.

I plan to keep it fairly stock too. I know there's a lot you can do but the development for the 6p and marshmallow itself seems fairly thin still. I know its very new of course.

Posted via the Android Central App

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, the options for Marshmallow are pretty limited right now, but that's going to change as it becomes the dominant version of Android. The older phones running Android 2.X and 4.X are gradually going to be replaced - most likely to Marshmallow-powered phones. That will spur development (as will the popularity of the Nexus devices) and we'll see a lot more available to us in the next ~6 months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm