Nexus 6P Bending and Breaking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone have the "bulge" on the back/bottom piece?

Nothing on mine either. I'd definitely ask for a new one. Hopefully it doesn't take a while.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone have the "bulge" on the back/bottom piece?

Mine doesn't have a hump down there, but it is a little unevenly seated. So one side is flush and the other is slightly recessed. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Posted via the Android Central App

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
6P bend and scratch test, not good viewing!

I just watched this video as I am still waiting to order the 6P but I am not so sure now, sorry if this video upsets some owners but I feel it needs to be seen just so owners are aware that it seems quite a fragile phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtndew2756

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: 6P bend and scratch test, not good viewing!

Interesting. If you watch his other videos he does not seem to hold the lighter on nearly as long, it looks like for the 6P he needed longer just for it to show some sign, and by that point it was permanent. Curious if he tried that with the others.

Anyway, as I will rock a basic case and tempered glass protector, only the bending test would really worry me. And even so, unless you take a pretty terrible fall, it seems like you would not often have to worry about it bending like that.

I'm still looking forward to my 6P.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I doubt its as bad as the video looks. He compromised the integrity of the phone by cracking the glass and heating it up with fire. That is not considered normal usage, lol.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I have a theory that this is just a little publicity stunt to get the early adopters to subscribe to his channel.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I doubt its as bad as the video looks. He compromised the integrity of the phone by cracking the glass and heating it up with fire. That is not considered normal usage, lol.

I hope you're right as I was just about to order the 6P but this has thrown me a bit!

welshmikie

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

All phones will suffer from that abuse. Nothing to worry about. Who in their right mind would spend hundreds of pounds an then purposely scratch it or hold a lighter to it or try and bend it like that.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

If this is a true representation of the phone's durability I am going to have to go back to the MXPE.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.