OK Google and 911

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to have OK Google with the screen off turned on in case I had an emergency and couldn't dial 911. But when I try it, the pin code screen comes on, and it doesn't work until I unlock the phone. So it is totally useless unless you keep the phone unlocked. Since it is set to use my voice only, why is this. It seems like a dumb setup.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I just saw that I did not have the trusted voice turned on. When I turned it on, it said that it was not safe to do so. It just seems like they could at least call 911 with the screen locked. Maybe it will, but I don't want to test it out.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you have "Ok Google" detection set to "Always on" and "Personal results" enabled, you can set up "Trusted Voice" as an option for sSmart unlock.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
If you have "Ok Google" detection set to "Always on" and "Personal results" enabled, you can set up "Trusted Voice" as an option for sSmart unlock.

Like I said, turning on trusted voice, it warns you that it is not safe to do so. I turned on trusted places to my house, so at least it will work at home. What is "Personal Results"?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante