Fingerprint "Too Many Attempts, Try Again Later"

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got this message after I'd guess 5 or so failed attempts, talk about throwing fuel on the fire when you're already being frustrated. I looked in security but can't find any way to change the number of errors to a higher allowable number, anyone know if it's possible?

Yes I know that the reader is usually very reliable, but I have a long complex password on purpose, so in the rare event it's not recognizing my finger I'd like to increase the number of allowable tries so using the password is truly a last option.

Thanks!

SinfulDroid

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
re:

I tried looking myself and did not see any settings to increase the number of attempts before you have to put in your password.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
re:

Just got this message after I'd guess 5 or so failed attempts, talk about throwing fuel on the fire when you're already being frustrated. I looked in security but can't find any way to change the number of errors to a higher allowable number, anyone know if it's possible?

Yes I know that the reader is usually very reliable, but I have a long complex password on purpose, so in the rare event it's not recognizing my finger I'd like to increase the number of allowable tries so using the password is truly a last option.

Thanks!

If it's not recognising one of four fingerprints after 5 attempts I would re-register them all. The most times it's ever asked again for me is twice.

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site
re:

You can also register the same finger multiple times to give you a better shot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I would re-register your fingers to the reader as you shouldn't be hitting that. I have yet to have it fail when I pick the phone up to unlock.

Also if I recall correctly you cannot change the number of failed attempts.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

Just be glad it doesn't wipe the device after n tries......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy