Report: Dropped my 6P

brett_f

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Well my heart skipped a beat today. I was getting out of my truck, and my phone somehow slipped out of my slacks pocket. It fell to the street without hitting anything on the way down. I didn't realize it had happened until I heard the sickening clatter and smack on the pavement.

I have the Adopted case from the Google Store, but hadn't used it. I love the phone without a case so I was risking it and being extra careful. Apparently not careful enough.

When I realized what happened I looked down and saw my phone laying face down in the street and I knew it was broken. When I picked it up I was shocked to see that the screen was fine, the camera visor was fine, and the only noticeable damage was two small dings on bottom left aluminum. I can feel a very small bump where the aluminum bent, but that's it.

Whew!!

I now have the Adopted case on it. LOL.

Anyway, I estimate it fell from about 4 feet above the street. It hit at full force, without bouncing off of me or the truck.

Needless to say, I'm thankful that it survived with a very minor (and now hidden by the case) ding.

-Brett

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Well my heart skipped a beat today. I was getting out of my truck, and my phone somehow slipped out of my slacks pocket. It fell to the street without hitting anything on the way down. I didn't realize it had happened until I heard the sickening clatter and smack on the pavement.

I have the Adopted case from the Google Store, but hadn't used it. I love the phone without a case so I was risking it and being extra careful. Apparently not careful enough.

When I realized what happened I looked down and saw my phone laying face down in the street and I knew it was broken. When I picked it up I was shocked to see that the screen was fine, the camera visor was fine, and the only noticeable damage was two small dings on bottom left aluminum. I can feel a very small bump where the aluminum bent, but that's it.

Whew!!

I now have the Adopted case on it. LOL.

Anyway, I estimate it fell from about 4 feet above the street. It hit at full force, without bouncing off of me or the truck.

Needless to say, I'm thankful that it survived with a very minor (and now hidden by the case) ding.

-Brett
#OMGitDidntBreakGate

SinfulDroid

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
My heart skipped a beat just reading the title! I just got my 6P yesterday so I could only imagine what would happen if I broke my phone. Oddly enough I don't use cases on my phones, I'm just not into them. You would think a story like this would scare me into using one but nah LOL. Glad your phone survived!

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear you escaped with minimal damage... The best part of the whole post was you bought a case but didn't use it yet...Are you crazy brother?

Man as soon as I got this thing a screen protector went on and it went right into a case.

My iPhone 6s plus hit the pavement last week because under armor makes pockets now that are meant for a single stick of gum. Popped right out as I got out of my car and landed on the concrete. My girl looked at me and turned white as a ghost because I was already fuming over the traffic in NYC and going somewhere I had no desire to be going. Needles to say I took a deep breath and picked it up and saw the screen and phone, and even the tpu bumper case with the clear plastic back were untouched and in perfect condition...

Rule of thumb...leave that thing in a case.

Posted via the Android Central App

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I ran my 6P naked for almost a week because I didn't order the Adopted case (I don't like how it looks). I was very careful but I've got one case (LK Slim Thin TPU) that I'm using and am waiting for my Spigen Ultra Hybrid.

tostler

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Very glad you and your phone are ok. This is a better real world test than that crazy torture test/bendgazi piece of B.S. floating around.

2 days with my graphite 6P and can only speak about it in glowing terms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37