Opinions on Nexus 6p Keyboard compared to Nexus 6

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between a Nexus 6p and a Nexus 6. I've seen and played a short time on a Nexus 6, and loved the huge keyboard and keys. Now knowing the 6P is slimmer and taller, would you say the keyboard on the Nexus 6 is a better option for someone that's not that great at texting?

I'm coming from a Note 4, so not sure the size of the 6P, which is why wish there was a hands on experience with it. Obviously I like the 6P specs better and camera from what I've read, just worried because I'd be giving up the stylus on my note 4 which helps a lot on the smaller keyboard. I do use swiftkey and swyping for when I text, just thinking it would be easier on a larger keyboard. Hoping to hear from previous note 4 users too who upgraded to a 6P.

nibras23

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I think the stock keyboard works really well on the 6P. There's also the swipe function which is great.
That said, if stock doesn't cut it for you, and you prefer tap typing, I recommend getting Fleksy. They made the app free now, and I think for tap typing you just can't do better than Fleksy.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the Reply, but I did try Fleksy for awhile and liked it at first, but I find that swiftkey is more accurate for me. I was trying to find out if it's a much bigger keyboard than the Note 4 though. I know the Nexus 6 looked plenty big with the big sized keys, but was curious if there was a real noticeable size difference between the Note 4 and 6P keyboard. Bigger is better for me, especially with not having the note 4 stylus.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay