Manual Camera for Nexus 6p

GoldenEagle06

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My 6p came in last week, so far I have been really enjoying it. Last night while at the store my wife was looking at some phones and I started playing with the V10. I started messing around with the manual camera settings and thought it was fantastic. So my question is, what apps do you use on your 6p that give you really good manual camera controls?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi, just a quick question on your 6p. I went to BB yesterday to see if they had any Nexus 6 phones on display and they had the Moto X PE there. I played with it and the camera app, which I read was pretty basic, was really BASIC. Just the option to choose pic or video and to change camera from rear camera to front. HDR was automatic the girl told me. I was surprised that you had no settings to change at all, such as white balance, how many pixels each shot is, stuff like that.

I know the 6P camera is suppose to be great, but is this a typical representation of all Nexus phones and how the native camera app works? It's great you don't have to fiddle around with a lot of settings and it's automatic, but I was at least hoping for changing the pic size or something. I know there are camera apps out that may do this, just was surprised at really how minimal the camera app was.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi, just a quick question on your 6p. I went to BB yesterday to see if they had any Nexus 6 phones on display and they had the Moto X PE there. I played with it and the camera app, which I read was pretty basic, was really BASIC. Just the option to choose pic or video and to change camera from rear camera to front. HDR was automatic the girl told me. I was surprised that you had no settings to change at all, such as white balance, how many pixels each shot is, stuff like that.

I know the 6P camera is suppose to be great, but is this a typical representation of all Nexus phones and how the native camera app works? It's great you don't have to fiddle around with a lot of settings and it's automatic, but I was at least hoping for changing the pic size or something. I know there are camera apps out that may do this, just was surprised at really how minimal the camera app was.

There are basic settings for resolution. https://goo.gl/photos/zKpBm5qzhYapPgZQA Here's an album of some screenshots I just made of the 6p's camera settings. You can also choose to turn HDR+ off, on or to Auto. Same with flash. There's also a timer. Video has a few options for FPS, slow-mo & Flash.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
There are basic settings for resolution. https://goo.gl/photos/zKpBm5qzhYapPgZQA Here's an album of some screenshots I just made of the 6p's camera settings. You can also choose to turn HDR+ off, on or to Auto. Same with flash. There's also a timer. Video has a few options for FPS, slow-mo & Flash.

Thanks so much for the screenshots of the Camera settings. That helped a lot. I take it from the shots you took that the camera settings are in the actual phone settings. I did check there also on the Moto X PE and I didn't see any for the camera there. So maybe that was just that phone. More and more I'm leaning toward the 6P over the Nexus 6, I just love the price I can get a 6 for right now. I think i'd be missing the Fingerprint tech on the 6P, not to mention the camera is supposed to be better also.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for the screenshots of the Camera settings. That helped a lot. I take it from the shots you took that the camera settings are in the actual phone settings. I did check there also on the Moto X PE and I didn't see any for the camera there. So maybe that was just that phone. More and more I'm leaning toward the 6P over the Nexus 6, I just love the price I can get a 6 for right now. I think i'd be missing the Fingerprint tech on the 6P, not to mention the camera is supposed to be better also.

When you open the camera app there is the 3 lined hamburger menu button in the upper left hand corner that lets you get to the settings as well as Photo Sphere, Panorama and Lens Blur. On the upper right are the settings for timer, hdr+ and flash.Screenshot_20151112-124845.jpg