Unknown items in battery usage screen.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
After using this 6p, I've noticed in the battery usage screen, seeing apps that I have no idea what they are. The icon for them looks just like the Android robot that you see next to Android OS, but instead of being gray, they are black, and the only name on them is 99070, 99068, 99077, etc. There is no information on them other than what I've detailed above, and when you tap on them, then next screen only says how long they've been active and how much battery they've consumed. There is no button to view them in the apps section of the settings either. Normally I'll see one entry when I go into the battery usage section, but right now I'm seeing 4 entries. Is anyone else seeing this in their battery usage screen? Have any idea what it is or if it's bad or not?

Also, I got my 6p through the Google Store and it is stock, unrooted, and bootloader intact. I haven't even sideloaded any apps on it. I've just never seen this on any Android phone I've owned before and would like to make sure it isn't something malicious.

I'm also wondering if it's causing my abnormal battery usage as well. Overnight I slept about 5 hours and lost 7%. I charged the battery to full this morning and after 1 hour of screen on time browsing the web with Chrome and brightness set to about 50%, my battery level is at 75%.

So please, any help is appreciated.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you recently started to use your phone? These could be some initial processes until the system kind of settles down. I would wait a couple of days before doing a factory reset or taking any other action. Report back and tell us how it goes.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you recently started to use your phone? These could be some initial processes until the system kind of settles down. I would wait a couple of days before doing a factory reset or taking any other action. Report back and tell us how it goes.

I got the device on Monday, I charged it fully before even turning it on. Things seemed to be very good at the start, then on Tuesday I believe, I got a security patch, and since then it seems that both standby and awake time have suffered. I talked with Google support after posting and they seemed to think that those processes were system processes, though he wasn't certain of that. He seemed to have no idea what the processes I mentioned were. He had my try rebooting in safe mode and they're still their, so he assumed that meant they were system processes, but he couldn't tell me if there was some issue like a virus or malware if they would show up in safe mode.

Apparently there is a second update that my phone hasn't received yet that's supposed to be a big fix, although he seemed to be a little concerned that it didn't show up yet. Apparently they were both supposed to download within a short while of each other, and it's been two days since I got my first update.

The main reason I'm looking hard at this now is that I'm still within my 15 day return window, and if there is an inherent issue with my device, I don't want to get stuck with it. Other than the aforementioned processes that I can't identify, my phone seems to have high draw when awake and doesn't go into Doze anymore, which means it's using the same amount of battery as my previous phone did. If that's the case, then I might as well go back to my previous phone and wait until next year to upgrade. I will hold out until the last minute to make a decision, but I thought it best to try and solve the issue now rather than wait until the last minute.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The icon for them looks just like the Android robot that you see next to Android OS, but instead of being gray, they are black, and the only name on them is 99070, 99068, 99077, etc.
I've seen it before as well... There was another thread about it a couple of days ago that never gained any traction from anyone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...p-battery-drain-code-99057-a.html#post4811570

Mine always says 99310 and it never gets above like 2% battery usage. No clue what it is.. No one seems to know.... Maybe it's that Chinese spying software the US government was worried about with Huawei????

Anyway.. for me it doesn't seem to have any affect on my battery life in my everyday life....

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this once. When I googled I found one thread from some 5x users that it was some Linux thing. Anyway it didn't sound like a major issue and I haven't seen it again. I think it is something to do with the new Nexus phones since no one has seen these before but both 5x and 6p users are seeing it.

Posted via the Android Central App

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this once. When I googled I found one thread from some 5x users that it was some Linux thing. Anyway it didn't sound like a major issue and I haven't seen it again. I think it is something to do with the new Nexus phones since no one has seen these before but both 5x and 6p users are seeing it.

Posted via the Android Central App

I hope that's all it is. Now I just need to find out what's draining my battery and keeping the phone from going into Doze. I'm going to try clearing the cache tonight and charging it before bed and see where it ends up in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835