slow motion videos. how to do them?!

Bill McGaugh

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Mine works fine. Try going to 240 and record your hand waving in front of the camera for about 5-10 seconds...then stop and go to playback. Watch the whole video. The first few seconds will be at normal speed, as will the last...the middle will be slow motion, hopefully.

jamesmajin

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine works fine. Try going to 240 and record your hand waving in front of the camera for about 5-10 seconds...then stop and go to playback. Watch the whole video. The first few seconds will be at normal speed, as will the last...the middle will be slow motion, hopefully.

what if i want the whole video in slow motion? is there no way of doing that?
thanks though

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
what if i want the whole video in slow motion? is there no way of doing that?
thanks though

Yes there is - when you go to the playback, you will see two little sliders just above the progress bar for the movie. These sliders mark the beginning and end of the slo-mo portion of the video. Slide the left one to the beginning, and the right one to the end of the movie. Now the whole thing will be in slo-mo. I believe it defaults to the first and last few seconds being normal speed to give you that cool "switching to slo-mo" effect, but if you push those sliders out, you get slo-mo the whole time.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes there is - when you go to the playback, you will see two little sliders just above the progress bar for the movie. These sliders mark the beginning and end of the slo-mo portion of the video. Slide the left one to the beginning, and the right one to the end of the movie. Now the whole thing will be in slo-mo. I believe it defaults to the first and last few seconds being normal speed to give you that cool "switching to slo-mo" effect, but if you push those sliders out, you get slo-mo the whole time.

What is interesting is if I record with the 120 fps option and push the sliders all the way to the left it looks like 60 fps video in regular speed. :D

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Also I *think* when you offload the video, it will be 100% in slo-mo, compared to the on-device playback where you can pick what is slo-mo and what isn't. Haven't done it yet myself to test.

Google also just bought that video editing company, so I'm guessing there will be some powerful features added down the road.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Also I *think* when you offload the video, it will be 100% in slo-mo, compared to the on-device playback where you can pick what is slo-mo and what isn't. Haven't done it yet myself to test.

Google also just bought that video editing company, so I'm guessing there will be some powerful features added down the road.

If I play the video on any other media app besides Google Photos, the entire clip will be in slow-mo. Does anybody know how to edit the clip in Photos and save the editing of fast/slow-mo changes so other people can see it?

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I realize that, but nope. No little sliders for me. What up with that ???
85a45cc64c227c37202da6dab99e9c80.jpg

This is from the Google Photos app. Upon opening the video you should see two sliders like this.

JCHAOS

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
OK. Viewing from Google photos but still no sliders. Also don't see "slow motion" like on your screen. Was first viewing from the camera app and thought this was it but nope. Weird. Clicked every button, checked every setting, nothing.