Reception

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

Has anyone experienced off reception with the 6P? I came from a Note 5 and have noticed that places I used to have great reception I would experience fluctuation in reception with the 6P.

I have also noticed the phone has some struggles switching from 4G to LTE. It's not causing battery drain, its almost like the symbol at the top right is not displaying the correct reception or something, sometimes. When I'm out on the road I do not have any issues. I have never had a dropped call but I could be sitting in a restaurant where I would have reception with my Note 5 and watch 4G disappear to zero signal and then bounce up to full then switch to the LTE. I have also noticed when connected to WiFi the device is slower at downloading apps and info then the note 5.

Would this potentially have something to do with the radio? Hardware issue? Or could this be software?

Let me know if anyone has experienced this or if you have any opinions.

Thanks!

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
No, quite the opposite. I am on Verizon in Raleigh NC. CDMA call quality is very good. VoLTE (Advanced calling 1.0) is outstanding.

Yea see that's interesting. I am in Canada and running off TELUS towers. LTE is very strong in our area but it seems as if the phone cannot make up its own mind on where it wants to stand for the network.

I hope I don't have a lemon.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

Has anyone experienced off reception with the 6P? I came from a Note 5 and have noticed that places I used to have great reception I would experience fluctuation in reception with the 6P.

I have also noticed the phone has some struggles switching from 4G to LTE. It's not causing battery drain, its almost like the symbol at the top right is not displaying the correct reception or something, sometimes. When I'm out on the road I do not have any issues. I have never had a dropped call but I could be sitting in a restaurant where I would have reception with my Note 5 and watch 4G disappear to zero signal and then bounce up to full then switch to the LTE. I have also noticed when connected to WiFi the device is slower at downloading apps and info then the note 5.

Would this potentially have something to do with the radio? Hardware issue? Or could this be software?

Let me know if anyone has experienced this or if you have any opinions.

Thanks!

I have seen better signal with mine. Who is your cell provider?

I'm on T-mobile, and its weird to see better signal from this over the N6 I used to own. Weird because Band 12 isn't active on the N6P. But I have had no issues with LTE handoffs.

Have you tried just doing one factory reset on the phone to see if that might resolve the issue? Some people have stated that doing one factory reset after getting the device fixes a lot of issues. Not sure if it's true or not, but it doesn't hurt to try.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm on T-mobile, and its weird to see better signal from this over the N6 I used to own. Weird because Band 12 isn't active on the N6P. But I have had no issues with LTE handoffs.

Have you tried just doing one factory reset on the phone to see if that might resolve the issue? Some people have stated that doing one factory reset after getting the device fixes a lot of issues. Not sure if it's true or not, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Yea I have tried factory reset three times. My current carrier is Telus in Canada. I actually just went and exchanged the device with a new one. So far seems to be a bit more stable. I'm starting to think this could be a software thing. We are running Android 6.0 after all. It's amazing it runs as good as it does for a fresh launch.

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I have VZW in the states and was suffering HORRIBLE reception, worst than my Note 4 ! I switched off global to CDME/LTE did a restart and now LTE all the time!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

My 6p is faster in most of the spots I visit. I still have my Nexus 6 and when I switch back to it at like work it connects to band 12 which is slower... Put the SIM back in the 6p and it connects to band 4 and is way faster. I've just found without Band 12 I have a lot more "Holes" in the T-Mobile network than I had on the 6 around DFW specially inside some buildings where I always had LTE band 12 and now I drop down to HSPA or 3G....

At least with my Nexus 6 it seems to prioritize band 12 and band 12 is nice in the holes but overall band 4 is faster..... Since the 6p only has the option of band 4 it always gets faster speeds than the 6... I had totally forgotten about the "Holes" until I got the 6p.... Now it's back to a slightly frustrating T-Mobile experience....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000