Screen Overlay Detected - To Change This Permission......6P is messed up

eandros

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm on a Samsung Note 5 and i have the same Screen Overlay issue - just a loop and nothing fixes it. Doesn't anyone know how to fix this? Nothing listed above has worked....I've tried everything applicable to me and my phone.

Hisham Elkhatib

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm on a Samsung Note 5 and i have the same Screen Overlay issue - just a loop and nothing fixes it. Doesn't anyone know how to fix this? Nothing listed above has worked....I've tried everything applicable to me and my phone.

What you need to do is only uninstall any CM applications you may have specially CM blocks, immediately your problem will be solved....
Good luck

jassi singh5

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
It would be rather strange for a system update to cause this issue. You could reboot into Safe Mode and see if the problem goes away - if it does then some 3rd party app is causing that behavior.
Hey dude thanks a lot I was very upset about that uninstalling the cm file manager solved my problem

Blazenamyd

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm having this issue too but I've already tried turning everything off even system apps but it still tells me screen overlay detected. Nothing I've tried will fix it and a lot of my apps are giving me this error now. I don't have Twilight or anything like that, at least not that I know of. My phone did a system update yesterday and now I'm having this problem. Help!! Please.

This is EXACTLY what happened with mine...update then boom, overlay issue. I've turned them all on, turned phone off then back on, I've also tried turning them all off and nothing is working. I am also not aware of anything like Twilight?!?

Uninstalled File Manager and problem solved

Last edited by a moderator:

Navy Blue

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello Jodene, welcome to the forums. Do you have File Manager or any other app by Cheetah Mobile (CM) installed in your phone? Many users with a similar problem managed to fix it after uninstalling any CM app.

File manager turn the app off. This worked for me. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. I don't like CM problems and full of advertising crap.! Unnecessary programs.

Cheetah Mobile File Manager

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I hope what I'm going to write will help you and you'll be able to offer me a pizza sometimes....;-)
I tried to read a lot of forums and to uninstall a lot of apps like Messenger.. Battery Doctor, QuickPic, etc. which come from Cheetah in Play Store.
I didn't have Lux, Twilight and other apps all you mentioned about the changing of brightness.
Infact I still have the issue but tonight while I ate a pizza (I'm pizza lover) I was playing with my phone to try and fix the issue and I didn't touch my phone because I had my hand with tomato and I noticed that you can get the accesses for all when you change the orientation and your phone is on the automatic orientation!!
However I hope the issue will be fixed as soon as possible. I got this issue after my upgrade at last MM on my phone.

Michael Gregory5

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
But, of course, I have this 'screen overlay detection' problem. Phone is almost two months old.
It is a Galaxy7 smart phone, (still in elementary school).:confused:

pim69

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
i just found the solution to remove this screenoverlay problem for my phone.....

i removed facebook and clean master.
also deselected all apps with permission for overlay....
(instel> applicaties>appmanagment> more (or 3 dots..> apps overlay permision>there shut of everything (or 1 by 1 if you want to take the time)

it seems to bee a problem from android.... so nothing to do with samsung lg or other brands)

i hope it helps you to

NateHevens

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I just had this problem with Prisma. I turned off the permission for literally every app that can draw on top of other apps (one by one... there really needs to be a way to deal with apps at once), and Prisma finally worked. I have Twilight, but just turning the permission for that app off didn't work... so I have no idea which app caused the problem...

XERXIE99O

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello Jodene, welcome to the forums. Do you have File Manager or any other app by Cheetah Mobile (CM) installed in your phone? Many users with a similar problem managed to fix it after uninstalling any CM app.

I removed all my CM apps and that did the trick. However, I don't think it's CMs fault. They worked fine until I did my last Samsung update. But then again, I can't swear that I didn't do a CM update after that. If anyone can instruct me where to find update info, I might be able to share some light on this issue. Btw thanks about the CM tip. Samsung support were useless. They mentioned LUX and TWILIGHT and blamed it on FB messenger. But all those 3rd party apps worked fine together before. Actually, I think maybe the problem started when I downloaded Pokemon Go. Hmmm

Judy Eastep

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes I just ran into this problem two days ago. Exactly the same things are happening to me. Have you got your issue with the screen overlay fixed?

NateHevens

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Welp... I thought uninstalling Twilight would do the trick, but boy was I wrong. I was having the problem with Google's photo gallery app. Had to uninstall all my app and file managers and reboot the phone.

This overlay bull**** is getting ****ing ridiculous and I'm ready to throw my phone. It started with Twilight, and now it won't stop. I'm thinking it's a problem with the latest Android update. Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed.

Now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC