Screen Overlay Detected - To Change This Permission......6P is messed up

Renita puspitasari

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone got this error message? I'm trying to share a photo via facebook and whether from my gallery app or from facebook. It asks if I want to give FB access to my storage. I say yes. It says "Screen overlay detected- To change this permission setting you first have to turn off the screen overlay from Settings > Apps"

I do that but nothing works. Whether it says NO by FB's Screen Overlay allowed, or YES - it still just directs me in this endless loops. Have tried reboots and nothing. Anybody else experiencing anything similar?

I had the same problem. Then I tried to uninstall clean master and security CM (anti virus)....problem solved.

arif a1

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on whatsapp and tried all the method even reinstalled but can't access contacts or Media in whatsapp. Any 1 knows Solution?

Hans Nel

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
No problem.
You get the "overlay" error because the app you just launched, want to ask certain permission of you but it's permissions dialogue cannot appear on your screen because another app is in the foreground...like Messanger App face bubble or even an app that is invisible...so,

Launch the app you wanted to use and that throws the "Overlay" error while holding your phone in landscape mode.
You should not get that "overlay" error again and you will be able to set the permissions the app wants.

Abhijith S

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Fixing Screen overlay detected is actually simple. You just have to turn off "Draw over other apps" from settings.
PS : There's nothing to worry, this pop up is actually a security measure in Android.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joycel ann

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Has any one gat this error message?i'm trying to listen the music.l want to give music to my storage.l say yes it say screen overlay detected-to change this permission setting you first have to turn off the screen overlay from setting >apps.l do that but nothing work.what im doing these situation

The Better Way

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I was plagued with this problem before, reset to factory and before long it came back. Like all who experienced this agonising hapless situation where no matter what you do, it kept flashing "Screen Overlay Detected" and it won't change any permission even if you turn off the screen overlay for all the apps.

I just found out that it was this stupid Clean Master. Once I uninstalled it, all the problems disappeared.

The CM Security and CM Browser from Cheetah Mobile are well behaved.

Pepe Kinetic

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Aha !! Cheetah Mobile App....that is why i had the same problem...I guessed that Battery Doctor app might be the problem...deleted it and problem gone...Thanks for the confirmation !!

Raymund Bactad

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
My g4 fixed after uninstalling all Cheetah Mobile apps.. took me days discovering how to go through with this problem "screen overlay detected" and now its gone. Thanks!!!

and4rean

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm on a Samsung Note 5 and i have the same Screen Overlay issue - just a loop and nothing fixes it. Doesn't anyone know how to fix this? Nothing listed above has worked....I've tried everything applicable to me and my phone.

So... i finally found issue for my problem.
I tryed before EVERYTHING - check uncheck boot reboot and a lot of other things etc. NOTHING helped.

So if u boot ur phone into safe mode(there is instructions how to do it) and u able to change sets-permissions for ur apps = so that means original android us not guilty in ur problems = so this is 3rd application which is holdind control of screen overlay.

I was able change sets after rebooting but only about for 1min after rebooting then it was blocking again. So i figured out there is problematic-app which started slower then others.

!!And then i understood that it is ******* DataUsageMonitor app which displays how much cellular or wifi data is used. Uninstalled it and thats it! :)

My suggestion is every user (with this problem) must think which app blocking his (her) screen. It can be file manager, light control, some widgets or etc.

If u cannot understand then try:
a.- start uninstall app one by one checking if sets option becomes available.

b.- or do phone reset and start over installing apps all the time checking if sets option is not blocked.

Good luck in finding this cheaky little app which is messing around in ur phone!

Regards,
Andre

Actually in my case i can stop DataUsageMonitor then change sets that i need then start again D.U.Monitor.

Because this app in my case takes control of screen overlay and i can uninstall it or stop it to make permission-changes in other apps.

Take care!

grapplindad

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Restart your phone into safe mode then it will allow you to change permissions. Then restart it back to normal mode. This is a confirmed work. No need for a factory reset or anything.

How to start in safe mode

Have lg stylo 2....i turned daydream setting off and seems to have fixed problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane