Google Nexus 6P Automatic Factory Reset Issue

dsilviajr

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have their Nexus 6P automatically do a factory reset? I plugged in the charger, placed the phone face down, and returned in about 15 minutes to find the Welcome screen!:eek:

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Automatic Factory Reset Issue

I would investigate the possibility of ghosts at your house ;) hehehehe
That's strange. Nothing of that nature here.

ajkam

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have their Nexus 6P automatically do a factory reset? I plugged in the charger, placed the phone face down, and returned in about 15 minutes to find the Welcome screen!:eek:
This actually happened to me the morning after I received it and got it all set up.

I had set it down (face up) on my fabric sofa and went to make coffee. Came back 10-15 minutes later, tried to unlock with my fingerprint, when it didn't work I pressed the power button and was looking at the setup screen. I had fun installing all my apps again.

The only cause I can fathom is the fact that I have Mobile Iron installed for my work email. This app requires device administrator privileges, and maybe something triggered a remote wipe. It hasn't happened again since, so I haven't thought about it much more.

JoeyZhao

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Was your personal data wiped , if not it might be a force OTA (over the air upgrade) from 89D->08L/M.

JoeyZhao

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
This actually happened to me the morning after I received it and got it all set up.

I had set it down (face up) on my fabric sofa and went to make coffee. Came back 10-15 minutes later, tried to unlock with my fingerprint, when it didn't work I pressed the power button and was looking at the setup screen. I had fun installing all my apps again.

The only cause I can fathom is the fact that I have Mobile Iron installed for my work email. This app requires device administrator privileges, and maybe something triggered a remote wipe. It hasn't happened again since, so I haven't thought about it much more.

That might be the real culprit here. Since all factory reset in M actually need you or admin to input the patter/pin.

floridajoan

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I need to know how to get the welcome screen back.

I just got my Nexus 6P and immediately went to sign up for service. When they installed the sim card, I lost my welcome screen privileges I guess. I would love to know the easiest way to get back to the "Beginning."

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Codebeautify

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
same thing happens to me this afternoon. I have gone for a walk, when i came to office and I had welcome screen asking for language.

What the hack is this? My nexus 6P just got factory reset.

:'(

Han Wu

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

It just happened to me and I also had mobile iron installed for my work email... I hope it won't happen again...

Han

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool