Ringer Volume

jcsousaCA

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Love my new Nexus 6P but sound volume it really sucks my Moto G 1st edition is 20 times lowder.

My calls keep going to voicemail.

I have tuned up all the way and will have to be next to it, or carry it with me around the house.

Does anyone have a fix without rooting the device?

TIA

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
My 6P ringer is so loud I have to turn it down a couple notches. It also sees the biggest volume increases on the final two notches of volume.

The actual sound file you're playing makes ALL the difference. Get the Zedge app, for example, and start browsing ring tones and notification sounds. With the phone volume unchanged, some are very quiet, and some are so loud they made my ears ring with my phone near my face. I use a ringtone called "Digital 3D Bells" from Zedge and it's super loud. You can also get old fashion ringer noises that are super loud.

Youtube videos and all that though are very loud still, I don't leave it on max volume.

Just get the Zedge app, and find some tones that play really loud. Also make sure you actually have your ringer/notification volume all the way up (easy to confuse with alarm or media volume sometimes).

If after all that you still have quiet speakers, RMA it.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
My 6P ringer is so loud I have to turn it down a couple notches. It also sees the biggest volume increases on the final two notches of volume.

This. I keep my ringer down about two bumps from max volume. Notification ringtones actually hurt my ears a little when the volume is turned up all the way lol.

jcsousaCA

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Update just got a replacement cannot notice any extra volume and I still say that a Moto G 1st Gen has much louder output than the Nexus 6P although the Nexus at it's loudest volume this not distort sound.

Will have to change the phone ringer to something much much louder.

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
My 6p ringer is so loud that I'm having a hard time finding a sweet spot. I need to hear it for my business, but man is it loud. Granted I haven't heard the Moto phone the OP has, but ringer volume is one issue I don't think I'll ever have a problem with the 6p.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000