Stop Weather Notifications?

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't even have a weather app installed, so I assume they are coming from Google Now? Is there any way to turn these incessant *weather* notifications off? If I go to Settings>Apps I see Google Now Launcher but I don't want to turn all notifications off - just the weather ones.

I also see a card for weather under Google Now, but the only options on the card are "never show weather updates". But again, I want the card there, just not unwanted notifications.

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You could turn off notifications in settings>apps, but that would kill all notifications from Google now. It probably is an all or nothing kind of thing.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> Google -> Search & Now -> Now cards. Under "Get notified about", turn off Weather. That will stop the higher priority notifications. The low priority notifications will show up as long as the card is turned on, though. I'm pretty sure it's both or neither.

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> Google -> Search & Now -> Now cards. Under "Get notified about", turn off Weather. That will stop the higher priority notifications. The low priority notifications will show up as long as the card is turned on, though. I'm pretty sure it's both or neither.
Thanks! There sure are a lot of things that are hidden all over the place in settings, in very intuitive places that aren't consistent with the rest of the phone.