hardware quality

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone concerned about the long term quality of the hardware on the 6p I mean this is one of their only high end phones to be in us and canada

Posted via Android Central App

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Not really. Mine feels quite sturdy assuming I don't go full retard and try to bend it or sit on it in a way that might intentionally damage it.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone concerned about the long term quality of the hardware on the 6p I mean this is one of their only high end phones to be in us and canada

idk...why? everything is made in china anyway (well...90% or so) ..all the iphone's and they are considered the measuring stick. some samsungs in korea or viet..but mainly china.
from what i've read huawei is considered super premium on europe and asia....

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't mean physical quality guys. But glad your happy with that. I mean internal hardware parts. I know brands like apple etc use alot of Samsung parts. I'm just curious what the vibe is on the 6p

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't mean physical quality guys. But glad your happy with that. I mean internal hardware parts. I know brands like apple etc use alot of Samsung parts. I'm just curious what the vibe is on the 6p

Most reports are saying a current gen Samsung display, the 810 CPU is only available from Qualcomm, they're using DDR4 memory and there aren't that many suppliers for that currently.

Like others have said, most all mobile devices are made in China anyway, and from what I've read Google calls the shots on hardware anyways, dictating the components used.

People worried about quality, calling out one OEM and not another, when in reality both are probably made in the same facility. The same thing happens in other industries as well. I used to be into the car audio thing awhile back (still add at least a sub to any vehicle I own). There are literally hundreds, maybe thousands of brands of home and car audio speakers. Did you know that with all those different brands, there are only around 10-15 companies that actually manufacture speakers? Which means many people saying the quality of brand A is excellent and the quality of brand B is horrible, and they're made by the same company.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This may be there first phone to hit US shores but they are a huge cell phone and also Cell phone equipment, such as cell antennas, manufacturer in Asia, they aren't a "new kid on the block" when it come to making Cell phone's.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
No.

This is a bit of a strange strange question, as most of the phone manufacturers use the same suppliers, and don't actually make anything in the phone themselves. It's like asking if a PC from Dell or HP is better, with the identical specs - nothing in the PC is actually made by either company, they just put a box around it and stamp it with their brand - phones are no different.

In the 6P:
Qualcomm makes the processor
Sony makes the camera sensor (IMX377)
Samsung makes the screen
Micron makes the 3GB RAM
Samsung makes the flash storage (32, 64, 128 GB)
Broadcom makes the WiFi hardware
etc. etc.

Most phone companies use the same or similar manufacturers for internals, and there is nothing special about Apple internals. For example on the iPhone 6S:

Samsung and TSMC make the processor (The TSMC one is better, the Samsung one has been linked to some issues already - oops!)
Samsung makes the 2GB RAM
Sony makes the camera sensor
Qualcomm makes the LTE modem
Toshiba makes the flash storage
Qualcomm handles the power management
etc. etc.

Lots of other companies involved too, like Texas Instruments, Skyworks, Bosch, etc. for small controllers, accelerometers, etc.

The reality is that the R&D as well as the fabrication equipment required for each individual component are not worth the investment to the phone companies (not to mention a ridiculously large undertaking), so they outsource pretty well everything, either picking it out of a catalog or having it built on contract to their specification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21