T-mobile sim

stsullivan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a note 5 waiting on my 6p will I be able to just take the SIM card out of my note 5 and put it in the 6p and it work right away?

neodk

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
If the SIM card size is the same, yes. T-Mobile and/or AT&T do not care what phone you are using, just so long as you pay your bill and the SIM has not been deactivated. If you need a smaller (or larger) SIM card, just go to T-Mobile and they should swap one out for you at no charge.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
As long as they're the same size, yes.

I've swapped SIM cards before without any issue.

EDIT: Looks like someone beat to the answer :p

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 5 waiting on my 6p will I be able to just take the SIM card out of my note 5 and put it in the 6p and it work right away?

Yup... Just like you I have a note 5 w tmob... Just popped my sim in the 6p and boom... Perfect. Automatic HD voice, crystal clear call quality. LTE as fast as my note.
I didn't even need to download the tmob vm app.... The phone app has its own vm feature. It's great.
I'm going to sell my note 5 this weekend..

Posted via the Android Central App

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
If the SIM card size is the same, yes. T-Mobile and/or AT&T do not care what phone you are using, just so long as you pay your bill and the SIM has not been deactivated. If you need a smaller (or larger) SIM card, just go to T-Mobile and they should swap one out for you at no charge.

I had a micro SIM in my old phone, so I went to the T-Mobile store to get a nano SIM and they charged me $15 for that.

only1canoli

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going from a Nexus 5 to the 6p,I was told in a corporate store that if you are T-Mobile customer they should do it for free.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
So you like the 6p better then the note 5

That's just me..my opinion.
Honestly, the Note 5 is probably the best Android phone on the market right now....better camera, processor, s pen, multi window..., etc.
For me though, I just like pure Android. Even though you can download Google now launcher or nova and make it as close to pure as possible, it's not the same.

I will say the doze feature in marshmallow is the real thing. Battery decreases about 1-2 % overnight.. And even during the day when the 6p is left alone for an extended period of time battery stops draining. I notice the Note drops much faster throughout the day.
Good news is doze will come to all devices w 6.0. The Note battery should be on par w the 6p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34