What have you replaced Messenger with for SMS/MMS on the Nexus 6P?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Textra. Sometimes I text faster than I think, so I like having the programmed Friday before the text goes out. Color options are great. Very customizable.

The stock sms program is pretty good too.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I rarely use SMS but when I do I use Textra. Most of my "text" messages are via Google Voice using Hangouts. Hangouts isn't the most exciting app but the GV integration makes it very useful.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I was using Textra on my Nexus 4, but since getting my 6P, I see that stock Messenger has the forwarding options, so I haven't used Textra since switching phones. I originally purchased Textra so that I could forward messages to email.

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using Messenger after switching from Hangouts. I switched because I was having issues with group messaging and messaging over WiFi on Hangouts. Messenger seems to have the same issue. It's also terrible with MMS. I've spent more than a day trying to MMS or group messages to send. I'm using a 6P on T-Mobile. Sometimes it fixes itself after I do a soft-reset.

I don't have the same issue with any of my other messaging apps (i.e. Slack, WhatsApp, GroupMe).