Random USB for charging notification

LunaticoCR

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Here's a weird thing I noticed this morning. I plugged my Nexus 6P to the (original) charger last night when I went to bed to charge it. I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed it was fully charged and I turned off the charger, left the USB cable connected to the phone.

This morning, after I had already unplugged the USB cable (the charger was off anyways) I noticed a notification I haven't seen before, and it was a "sticky" one, I couldn't swipe it off. It said: "Use USB for Charging"

When I tapped the notification it displayed a few options:
- Charging: Just charge this device
- Power supply: Charge the other connected device
- File transfers: Transfer files to Windows or Mac (MTP)
- Photo transfer (PTP): Transfer photos or files if MTP is not supported
- MIDI: Use device for MIDI input

Screenshot:
Screenshot_20151129-080917.jpg

Anyone knows why I got this notification? Like I said, swiping it off wouldn't get rid of it, I got rid of it by selecting the "Charging" option.

Also, I didn't know I could charge other devices with my own device. Is this new? I guess it requires a male-2-male cable or two standard cables with a female-2-female adapter.

Thanks!

drgoel

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue on the Nexus 5x and started yesterday. Rebooting does not remove the message. Selecting one of the several options as shown in the screenshot finally got rid of it.