Question about Play Music on 6P

cruiz1022

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Okay so I cancelled Spotify to give Play Music a try (90 day free trial came with the phone) and I had a question. I've been able to download playlists, but how can I download specific songs for offline use?

I have the option to "add to library" but not to download.

Lawbreaker

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You can download albums that are in your library but I dont know any way to download an individual song. Except of course if you only have one song from an album in your library.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You either have to download the album or add the song to a playlist to download -- individual songs cannot be saved.

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I just click the thumbs up icon and it creates a Playlist of those songs. From there, I move them to another or create another playlist

Posted via the Android Central App

cruiz1022

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Thank you! I used 800 MB of music in just 3 days because I thought "add to library" meant they were downloaded. I'll go ahead and make a Playlist and download

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I love google music... I've uploaded 2000 of my own songs and still love getting their free weekly albums. I also pay ten bucks a month for unlimited but it's nice knowing I have all that music just in case I give it up someday and stop paying.