Google's Image Search Menu

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have two Nexus devices running 6.0; the 6P and a Nexus 7.

On the 7, if I am in Google image search, when I tap an image in search results to view it, there is a 3 dot menu at lower right to visit the site, open the image directly in Chrome, and some other options.

This missing in the 6P... which I found rather surprising. Any ideas as to why and/or how to restore it?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So they implemented Chrome differently on a tablet and a smartphone... is that what you are saying? On a smartphone like the 6P you long press the image and get the same options.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I tap in the Google bar at the top of my home screen, enter what I'm searching for, and then tap the images tab. From that point, the different behavior I described in my OP is observed.

Likewise with chrome.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
But I described how Chrome is different and you can actually download and save image via Chrome.
But chrome, or with Google search, it requires you to go to the website, where that image may or may not be available. On the Nexus 7, I can open the image in chrome, and easily save it by long tapping the image.

This is no longer the case with the 6P.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
But chrome, or with Google search, it requires you to go to the website, where that image may or may not be available. On the Nexus 7, I can open the image in chrome, and easily save it by long tapping the image.

This is no longer the case with the 6P.

I'm able to save a picture from the images list in Google chrome. You're right about not being able to from the search results through the Google search app, but you should be able to in chrome.

Like Fatboy said, you can hold down on an image in the chrome browser image search and get what you're looking for without having to go to the websites.

Posted via the Android Central App