Bell mobility voicemail notification issue - help!

dubber_d

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I am new to Android. I have been a long time BlackBerry user. I am on Bell mobility and am having issues getting voicemail notifications. My BlackBerry 10 phones would actually download the message to the phone so I could listen to it without having to call my voicemail. I understand that on Bell, only BlackBerry and Apple handsets are able to have this feature. I understand that and that's fine. What I want though is for the phone to at least notify me when I have a new voicemail. Just the icon on the tray or notification drop down menu is cool. I do not subscribe to their voicemail to text plan, nor will I. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there on a nexus 6p or on Marshmallow that is getting the notifications or is having issues?? I have called customer support twice and got two different answers ranging from the phone doesn't support it to I have to setup my voicemail on my new phone. I could not find the options in my voicemail to set it up again with my new device. I am at a loss. There must be a way for me to get the notification. Other than that, I am really liking the device. I find the ringer and notifications are nowhere near as loud as my BlackBerry Passport or Z30 but I can live with that. I am going to look for new ring tones to see if I can find something more to my liking. Any input on the voicemail problem would be most welcome. I have looked through the settings in the phone app and it looks to be set up properly. Also Google voice is not available in my country apparently. Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Voicemail>Setup, and see if that works.

dubber_d

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks far your reply. When I go to that menu the only thing shown is my voicemail phone number, which is correct and cannot be changed. I checked other sub menus under voicemail and see no other way to setup my voicemail differently. I appreciate your reply, thank you!

Posted via the Android Central App

dubber_d

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know it is. People can leave me a voicemail and I can call in and check them, delete them etc. I can change my greetings and such. I even left myself a voicemail from my land line as a test and left it there for 2 days and never got a notification. When I called in and checked it was still there and the voicemail service said I had 1 new voicemail, which was the one I left. Very strange.

dubber_d

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Tried safe mode and it still occurs. I guess that means it isn't caused, or likely isn't caused by an app i have installed. To be clear, i have only had the phone a few weeks and voicemail notifications haven't worked since day one basically. (It was day 3 or 4 before I received a voicemail so I assume it hasn't worked since the first day). I guess I will call Bell again and see if they can completely reset my vm so I have to set it up again from my phone. Or have them remove and add the feature back.

dubber_d

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
maybe ask to have them take it off and put it back on. On my 6p everything works fine and I'm on bell as well.

Do you have visual voice mail / voicemail to text or are you just on plain old voicemail with your 6p? Just curious as I don't have the voicemail to text add on for my plan. Not paying them another $7/mth for that.

dubber_d

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
So I ended up calling Bell again. This time the agent on the other end opened a ticket for me with their tech support people. They called me the very next day and the person told me the issue was that my voicemail was still set up to be visual voicemail like I had on my BlackBerry. He removed and added the service again and now all is working well. I had to setup my voicemail again as if it was a new service but no big deal there. Thank you to all who replied and helped me out. Greatly appreciate it!