Charging all night?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I charge mine in the morning, between when I get up and when I leave for work. It's usually enough time to get it to 100%.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not that I'm worried about charging it all night I've done it in the past with my previous toys and no issues.

This is why I love the 6P, amazing battery life and when I get home it quickly charges thanks to USB-C.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The quote about keeping a Lithium Ion battery at 100% is correct, in a certain sense. What they really mean is *long* periods of time. That's why, when you get a new phone or replacement battery, it comes at about 40% charge. The phones are designed to charge to 100% (or 99% sometimes) then stop charging until the battery drops to about 95%, then start charging again.

What *will* destroy your battery is letting it get very low and charging it all the way back up. This is called "deep cycling" and will definitely reduce the effective charge the battery can hold. Lithium Ion batteries prefer many "short" charges, rather than a single "deep" charge.

Also, as others have said, heat is bad.

Capacity loss and discovering what causes a battery to fade - Battery University

EmilyRose1023

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Ive been letting mine charge all night for a while now but for some reason my phone would only be at 1 or 2%, even though it would still say it's charging, can anyone tell me why?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
for some reason my phone would only be at 1 or 2%, even though it would still say it's charging, can anyone tell me why?
I'm not sure I understand - the charge level only increases by one or two percent after charging all night, or after charging all night it's at one or two percent (i.e. almost dead)?

Have you tried rebooting the phone before you put it on the charger just to see if the behavior changes?