Am I the only one with a perfect 6p?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I get sites like AC and Reddit pretty much only voice the negatives with their devices, but I really haven't had any of the problems I've read about. That includes my phone, screen protector (Spigen), and microfiber case. I haven't noticed any discoloration in my display or issues with call quality. My screen protector went on smooth first try, and I have no problems taking screenshots with the case on.

Active display could be improved, and I'd love to see an update activate double tap to wake, but other than that, my 6p, which I've had for a little over a month now, is running perfect. Anyone else feel the same?

Last edited:

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Am I the only one with a prefect 6p?

I feel the same as well. I haven't had any issues with my 6P either. My Spigen glass protector went on with no lift, screen colors are consistent thorugohut the whole display (it doesn't seem too pink or too yellow), no bulges or cracked camera glass, etc..

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

There are undoubtedly plenty of people with perfect phones they just don't come to forums. Even with all the issues I read about on the LG G4, mine was flawless but you wouldn't know that was possible if you researched online.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I just got mine tonight, and I'm impressed with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nice GI !!! When we went back and forth 5 month ago I never imagined I'd love it as much as I do. Talk about exceeding expectations!

There's a sticky thread showing people's home screen setups. Definitely check it out if you have already done so. I got some great ideas there and installed several apps I never knew about.

Enjoy!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Knock on wood but I'm in the same boat as you. I listen to Bluetooth for my daily commute and even a trip from Boston to Philadelphia without issues. Listened to iHeartRadio and Pandora.

Nexus 6P

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I love my 6P its perfect

Who knows if it's just BS meaning troll trying to start nonsense which I find sad.

It could just simply be a case of OCD.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I posted a similar thread about a week ago saying that I thought this forum may be giving me a case of the phone version of hypochondria because I wasn't having most of the problems everyone is reporting. It got moved to the sticky thread about bending and breaking phones for some reason?

In other words, I'm with you. My 6P experience has been almost perfect except for the Marshmallow issue with bluetooth. I had an issue with ringtone settings changing spontaneously but that was resolved with just a little Marshmallow adjustment. Absolutely no hardware problems with my 6P. My tempered glass screen protector even sticks!

I agree with tourbound129... people come to these forums because they have problems. I just hope this thread stays in the main stream for people that come here researching a possible purchase. They can see up front that there are many people with great experiences!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Nice GI !!! When we went back and forth 5 month ago I never imagined I'd love it as much as I do. Talk about exceeding expectations!

There's a sticky thread showing people's home screen setups. Definitely check it out if you have already done so. I got some great ideas there and installed several apps I never knew about.

Enjoy!

I hear you, lol. Who'da thunk it? The only thing now is to get a good read on the battery. I've yet to do an initial charge, so I hope it'll settle in after a bit of usage. I have to also get to know my way around the OS. I have to get TouchWiz out of my system!

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site

A prefect 6P? Did you get one meant for Percy Weasley?

Snark aside, I've had a great experience thus far with my second 6P. Have used Bluetooth headphones and speaker w/o issue. (Used Pandora and Pocket Casts) No screen discoloration, cracks, bulges, or any other physical defects.

That being said, I also was having no issues with my first unit until it sparked sitting on my counter.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I hear you, lol. Who'da thunk it? The only thing now is to get a good read on the battery. I've yet to do an initial charge, so I hope it'll settle in after a bit of usage. I have to also get to know my way around the OS.

Granted, I'm not as heavy a user as some, but when Doze is working, it's glorious. Last week the phone was unplugged for a little over 5 days and still had a 53% charge. Wireless on fulltime, bluetooth on most of the time (an app I use to automatically silence the phone turns off bluetooth when its silenced). But, yeah, my Note 4 would be at 40% after only 2 days.

I have to get TouchWiz out of my system!

I think there's a shot for that. :p

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So far mine seems perfect. I do feel bad for those with issues. I always prep myself in case there is an issue and I have to play the RMA game but luckily.. This time I'm good.

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Great experience with my 6p.so good I picked up the pixel c. I'm going all in on the Nexus/Google made products. Plus fast updates👍😀👏👏👏
4b34ed72cfe6375c6ef2e0e64f35c171.jpg

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Perfect Frost 6p here. Truthfully the best Android I've had to date..and like a lot of you here, I've had most flagships.
Also, my first aluminum 32gb was perfect as well. I just returned it for more storage in the 64 white.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
My only gripe is that I wish the battery life was better. Thankfully my daily schedule allows me to charge if needed.

Other than that, everything physically and visually is fine.

Posted via the AC App

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Same as the OP, no problems with my 6p, the casing and glass is still flawless as the day I got it, and no issues in performance or software. My case, the Adopted Protective, is really nice. I have always used the Verizon High Gloss Silicone cases they sold in their accessories store. While I still like them as well, I like this one better. It's got a bit more texture and grip to it, rather than smooth TPU like the Verizon ones. I feel it will be much less likely to slip from my grip. I went with an Intelliglass TG protector, which is also the first time I've gone with a TG protector. I got it on on the second try, and I'm a convert. I was worried about application, but it actually goes on better than the film protectors and doesn't lose the smooth feeling of the display glass.

I will admit, hearing that the Moto X Pure got its MM update so quickly there was some pondering that maybe I should have gone with it instead. I almost went with it right away but waited to see what the Nexus had to offer, plus I really would've loved to make use of the 128GB card that I bought for the MXPE. But between the knowledge that I'll have quicker updates for longer, and the awesome FPS on the Nexus, I still feel confident in my purchase.

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
My only gripe is that I wish the battery life was better. Thankfully my daily schedule allows me to charge if needed.

Other than that, everything physically and visually is fine.

Posted via the AC App

I've had a great experience with my first Android phone, including cases and screen protectors. After the early learning curve coming from an LG, I adapted well. I would say the only thing that may not be perfect on my phone is the battery life. The first few days before I loaded a few apps on, it was easily going a couple days. Since then, not so much, although still better than most phones.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Agree, knock on wood!!!

Perfect in general terms... sure. Google does need to fix a couple things with Marshmallow... notification issues with Light Flow... Light Flow should not have to be in the drop-down notification, it should be able to be hidden from the user of that app... and others have reported that app should not cause Ambient display issues.