dBrand frame skin only?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks, would like some opinions from people who have used dBrand. How difficult would it be to apply only the frame skin to the 6P? I'm trying to figure out the best way to improve the grippability of the phone without having to cover up the back, since I'd still like the natural metal appearance and texture there. I was hoping to find a true bumper that only covers the rim of the phone, but no luck. I figured that since the edge of the phone is what I grip when using the phone, a vinyl decal on the edge would improve the grip. It appears that it's possible to order only the frame skin from dBrand for $5.95. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that in an XDA thread, I think. It seems a bit too bulky for my taste. Thanks, though!

stormed

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The frame skin isn't too difficult but a bit trickier than the front and back since you have to be more careful aligning it with the buttons given that the strip is quite narrow.

It does give a some more grip. However, I would suggest getting the back skin to help accomplish what you're after. The back skin imo makes the phone look even better than naked. (I had the aluminum back as well and skinned titanium dbrand on top of it)

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Frame dbrand skins are a waste of money. Back skins are amazing. I have one me self. Tried 2 different colors and ended up throwing them. They give the phone a very rough feeling and good luck getting the phone in and off the case if u used one.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I threw out the frame skins from dbrand. I just applied the back.

I put on a clear tpu case over it. The case would have never fit with the frame skin on. The case also protects the edges of the skin from snagging anything.

6p 👌

quorky

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Would love a bumper that is super thin and has sticky in it to help with the rigidity. Anybody come across something like that? Thinner than a standard bumper but thicker than a skin. Something in between.

Lou loa

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I like the frame skin the phone is less slippery and it also makes the power and volume buttons not so easy to accidentally touch I see absolutely no problem in getting it in and out of any case the application or installation was also very simple I also put on the back skin and I'm very pleased with the dbrand

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all of the feedback, folks!:) I decided to order the frame skin, since I figured $8 isn't too bad if it ends up being a bust. Ordered the titanium color, since I figured it would go best with the aluminium finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance