Going insane... Love my Note 5 and Love the Nexus 6p

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Have had a Note 5 just over a month. Was looking at the Nexus also. Just hard to get one here in Canada for a bit. Got one cheap from my carrier for a third line. Lowered my data a bit to offset the $25 extra for the line.

Love the Nexus 6p and love the Note 5. While using my Note I miss my Nexus and vice versa. Really like the fact you always have the latest with the Nexus. Will be months till I see Android 6 on my Note. I thought going back and forth with IOS and Android was bad. This is just a killer lol.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
It is nice to see I'm not the only one. I truly enjoy using both phones. One day I love the extra features of the Note 5 and how it made something easier for me while attempting to sign a document or sharing an extended screen. Another day I'll love the fluidity and clean look of Marshmallow on the 6P. I love the implementation of the scanner on the back. I would like to own one phone but these two phones make it difficult to choose one over the other.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Do you need to choose one over the other?

Posted via the Android Central App
Not really but I don't really don't want to have two devices when it comes down to it. I'd rather pick one or the other and not have that 3rd line even though I dropped down 4GB of data per month to offset the $25 for the extra line.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Well the Note 5 is now up for sale. Decided to send the Nexus back, take out the 3rd line and then buy straight out. Even though the Note 5 seemed smooth I could definitely see a difference in performance compared to this beast when all the bloat and extra features I wouldn't use taken out. Definitely a silk smooth experience

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well the Note 5 is now up for sale. Decided to send the Nexus back, take out the 3rd line and then buy straight out. Even though the Note 5 seemed smooth I could definitely see a difference in performance compared to this beast when all the bloat and extra features I wouldn't use taken out. Definitely a silk smooth experience
Wow, after all that love you're offing the Note and going full bore Nexus? I recently went all iOS/Apple but now they've discounted the Nexus and I can get a 128gb for $400 less than what I paid for the 6s Plus 128gb. It's really making me rethink my decision.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Note is awesome. Nexus is awesome also. I just don't use the features the Note has in the first place. Great screen. Battery life is alright. Downloaded a dark theme to hide as much as possible of stock TW. I hardly ever use the Spen.

The Nexus felt fast right off the bat but how fluid the Nexus is its crazy. Especially when using the Note and then using the 6p then back to the Note. Absolutely no stutters anywhere. Even using Chrome on same websites as the Note it's so much better.

Don't get me wrong the Note is great but man this is a different experience. I never used the extra features on the Note. My kids would use the Spen more than me. I had the 6S Plus and Marshmallow on the Nexus 6p is even more fluid. The OS is very good. Extremely impressed with Android 6. There are things to get used to like the fingerprint on the back but I'm starting to adjust now.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Note is awesome. Nexus is awesome also. I just don't use the features the Note has in the first place. Great screen. Battery life is alright. Downloaded a dark theme to hide as much as possible of stock TW. I hardly ever use the Spen.

The Nexus felt fast right off the bat but how fluid the Nexus is its crazy. Especially when using the Note and then using the 6p then back to the Note. Absolutely no stutters anywhere. Even using Chrome on same websites as the Note it's so much better.

Don't get me wrong the Note is great but man this is a different experience. I never used the extra features on the Note. My kids would use the Spen more than me. I had the 6S Plus and Marshmallow on the Nexus 6p is even more fluid. The OS is very good. Extremely impressed with Android 6. There are things to get used to like the fingerprint on the back but I'm starting to adjust now.
I figured you would keep the Nexus. It does seem like a very good smartphone. I use too many of the Note features to even consider it though. And I'm in love with Samsung Pay.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

wise decision. when the 6p gets updated, and lag settles in on the Note in 6 months, you'll be glad you went that route.I used a Note 5 for 10 days before my 6p arrived. Great phone, but I'd be so pissed in a year from now, when N rolls out and I have to wait for the update. I do think updates are slightly overrated, but still, I'd rather have them sooner than later. The 6p is the best phone ever built IMO. Hopefully a future update will enhance active display.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I figured you would keep the Nexus. It does seem like a very good smartphone. I use too many of the Note features to even consider it though. And I'm in love with Samsung Pay.
I would love to use Samsung Pay, Android Pay and even Apple Pay lol (only Amex on Apple Pay in Canada and I don't have Amex). Canadian Banks are slow adopters. Would like to see something soon though.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
wise decision. when the 6p gets updated, and lag settles in on the Note in 6 months, you'll be glad you went that route.I used a Note 5 for 10 days before my 6p arrived. Great phone, but I'd be so pissed in a year from now, when N rolls out and I have to wait for the update. I do think updates are slightly overrated, but still, I'd rather have them sooner than later. The 6p is the best phone ever built IMO. Hopefully a future update will enhance active display.
I've always been into updates since using an iPhone for so many years. Nice to be on the latest OS and get security updates also. In Canada the carriers are extremely slow. Just got my first update last week on the Note 5. Last one was Aug. It's just very bad here. TMobile in the US seem to be updating the Note on a reg basis with features and security updates. Just can't handle carriers here in Canada.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Nexus devices are always silky smooth unless something is wrong with it. I was playing with the original Nexus 5 recently, and it is still pretty darn fast. Nexii have a long shelf life.

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I feel like id miss the multitasking on the note. Love the side by side feature. The nexus is calling my name though..

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Six months should give you all the incentive you need. When the Nexus is updated and the note isn't and becomes laggy it probably won't seem as great.

Nexus phones get better with age, Notes do not.

Edit: just read your latest post, guess it didn't take six months. Hope the Nexus works out for you. I'm sure it will.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I really liked my Note 5 when I had it. But I have a thing for security updates and updates in general. And I just couldn't trust it on AT&T. I ended up getting a Nexus 5X on the black Friday sale. It's a solid phone, but battery leaves something to be desired and it does lag quite a bit. So that (and all the threads about issues of the 6P) soured me on Android for now and I got the 6s Plus.

I've always loved Android and especially Nexus devices, but I've also always liked Apple. There are things I absolutely don't like about Apple though. And I've been on Android for so long that I'm pretty integrated into it and Google. It's a tough call, but the price savings is really tempting me!

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

This is insane that you have this thread created. I am going through the same thing that it seems many people are running into. The only reason I have my Note 5 now is a back up, just in case. There are some things about the 6P that are ify but I'm not sure if that's me just being way too anal. Sometimes I feel like the reception isn't as good on the 6P then the Note, but other days I'm getting LTE in places I couldn't dream of with the Note, it doesn't make sense.

Damn good decision on keeping the 6P though. I am very very impressed with this phone. I just picked up the Pixel C and have both the 6P and the Pixel C working side by side makes me an unstoppable force on the road hahahaha. Couldn't be happier with my tech choices right now.

I just need Google to hurry up with the OS updates to fix some bugs in Android 6.0. I need a major update!