6.0.1 battery drain?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ever since updating to 6.0.1 I feel as though my battery drain is substantially worse. Same routine. Same activity. Anyone else experiencing this?

b8dbbb2510f6f540c0f7ebba033f521e.jpg

9254aad04678a9637a0f0259e2f132d9.jpg

6cf680e701cfe818f7540e04b0ac3726.jpg

New apps: Google authenticator and Any.do.

jsushi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
You have a wakelock problem similar to mine (you see how the phone wakes up without the screen being on? Google wakelock issues and follow their instructions :)

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You have a wakelock problem similar to mine (you see how the phone wakes up without the screen being on? Google wakelock issues and follow their instructions :)
Yeah, but what's changed other than the version? Seems like everyone should have the issue.
install wakelock detector to get details about the wake lock. it works fine for me after 6.0.1
The phone is not rooted.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but what's changed other than the version? Seems like everyone should have the issue.

Nothing has changed except a few fixes, emoji changes, and the security patch. A wakelock issue is usually caused by an app so that is most likely your issue.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Nothing has changed except a few fixes, emoji changes, and the security patch. A wakelock issue is usually caused by an app so that is most likely your issue.
I agree. I just don't know what to think at this point. Maybe Google authenticator, which is new. Bummer. I was getting 4-5 hours of SOT.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with battery life since the update. If you can't figure it out what's causing it I would do a factory reset... that's always worked for me in the past especially after updates.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Try turning off Wifi and Bluetooth scanning. Settings...Location...Click on the 3 dots...Scanning and turn off wifi and bluetooth scanning. That helped me tremendously and I haven't had any negative effects

mtndew2756

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issues since the patch, but I'm also roaming and that always seems to kill my battery. I turned off my scanning, will see if that helps. Thanks!

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Try turning off Wifi and Bluetooth scanning. Settings...Location...Click on the 3 dots...Scanning and turn off wifi and bluetooth scanning. That helped me tremendously and I haven't had any negative effects

I did that, and it didn't help. I remember someone having an issue like this with an odd work around. I just can't find the post lol

Posted via the Android Central App

mtndew2756

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I did that, and it didn't help. I remember someone having an issue like this with an odd work around. I just can't find the post lol

Same thing, turned off scanning, no difference. For example, I unplugged it at around 0600 today. By 0830 when I actually got up, I had lost 11% battery. Previously I might have lost 1% during a similar time period.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Same thing, turned off scanning, no difference. For example, I unplugged it at around 0600 today. By 0830 when I actually got up, I had lost 11% battery. Previously I might have lost 1% during a similar time period.

Are you on 6.0.1? Maybe it's a bug. My phone enters Doze, but it's not the same. I could easily get 4 SoT by the time I hit around 20%, now I get around 3hr and change SoT. With the same usage. I've cleared cache uninstalled some apps I don't use, and no change.

mtndew2756

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Are you on 6.0.1? Maybe it's a bug. My phone enters Doze, but it's not the same. I could easily get 4 SoT by the time I hit around 20%, now I get around 3hr and change SoT. With the same usage. I've cleared cache uninstalled some apps I don't use, and no change.

Yeah, I'm on 6.01.

Does Doze have to be enabled after the patch? Maybe it turns off when the phone updates... just seems strange. I'll get a better feel for my phones performance once I'm back in the US and not roaming all the time, but even so, the different in life before/after patch is quite noticeable.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm on 6.01.

Does Doze have to be enabled after the patch? Maybe it turns off when the phone updates... just seems strange. I'll get a better feel for my phones performance once I'm back in the US and not roaming all the time, but even so, the different in life before/after patch is quite noticeable.

Doze is automatic. I figured out what it is. It's Google play services. It keeps WiFi running, and wakelocks the phone. It's the only thing on my battery screen that takes up close to to what the screen does.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have issues with android os. Keep awake over an hour already today. All other apps show less than a min or two.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech