What is the cutout right under the right side of the speaker?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
So I got my Spigen Tempered Glass Screen protector 1 day ago and installed it. I notice that under the speaker, towards the right side, there is like a longer cutout going towards the bottom, I think there is something that it is trying to not hide but does anyone know what is that actually?

If you don't understand what I mean, I can try snapping a picture of it using another phone

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you are referring to the proximity sensor. ? The first batch of screen protectors didn't have this cut out and it caused the phone to malfunction - screen turned off, something like that.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I think you are referring to the proximity sensor. ? The first batch of screen protectors didn't have this cut out and it caused the phone to malfunction - screen turned off, something like that.

I think you'r right, because for the first 2 days when I got the phone, since I didn't have a screen protector and case for the phone, I used it with the factory plastic wrapping and when I start a call, the screen goes off and I can't enable speaker phone or anything, at first I thought it was a Marshmallow bug but when I got the screen protector on, that was fixed, I think it is thanks to that cutout. Thanks for confirming bro

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that caused a lot of issues early on. A lot of protectors didn't have the proper cut out and caused all sorts of issues.

The first batch of screen protectors were manufactured before they ever got their hands on a production unit (so they'd have something for sale immediately in launch), and many didn't bother to check the specs on where there prox sensor was located.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20