Do you miss a lockscreen on 6p?

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I'm on my first Nexus device I've ever had, the 6p. There's some things I'm really liking about it, but I'm coming from two years off of Samsung phones. Do any of you guys miss having a lock screen? I'm finding that really hard to get used to.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a lock screen on mine so I am not sure what you mean?

I guess I mean a screen that you can assign a different wallpaper to and then you slide it to unlock to the home screen. Something like that

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess I mean a screen that you can assign a different wallpaper to and then you slide it to unlock to the home screen. Something like that

Oh. Then I would have to say no I do not miss it. I only saw that on other phones when unlocking and now I don't even see it due to the FPS :).

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I will admit that I sort of miss it (only because I always had some uber-geeky Star Trek LCARS pic there), but I don't miss it enough to go back. ;)

MNSnowman

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Can't miss what you haven't had. I'm not sure what mfrs other than Samsung use the separate lock screen ... I know I had one on one of my older phones but haven't had one for several years and haven't really missed it. IIRC, when I had it, notifications weren't as readily accessed and the lock screen I used pretty much served that purpose.

On a scale of 1-10 for things I'd like, the lock screen might be a 2.

I moved from a Motorola Droid Turbo. I somewhat miss Motorola's feature set but suspect it's more reverberations of change than a gaping hole of "really miss". I'm willing to suffer that loss for gaining immediate access to Marshmallow and future updates.

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I'm on my first Nexus device I've ever had, the 6p. There's some things I'm really liking about it, but I'm coming from two years off of Samsung phones. Do any of you guys miss having a lock screen? I'm finding that really hard to get used to.

Comming from Samsung Galaxy S4, I too have been seriously considering the Nexus 6p. Keep me posted on your experiences with it. Would be highly appreciated!

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Comming from Samsung Galaxy S4, I too have been seriously considering the Nexus 6p. Keep me posted on your experiences with it. Would be highly appreciated!

So far I've really been enjoying the 6p. The hardest things for me to get used to coming from two years off of Samsung phones, and iPhones before that, as I really do miss the lock screen lol. & I really do like a physical home button. I feel that the on screen soft buttons take up real estate on the phone and you're not getting a full 5.7 inch experience. But this is just my humble opinion. I'm still testing it out but it's a great phone, the battery is amazing, and it is super buttery smooth and fast.

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
So far I've really been enjoying the 6p. The hardest things for me to get used to coming from two years off of Samsung phones, and iPhones before that, as I really do miss the lock screen lol. & I really do like a physical home button. I feel that the on screen soft buttons take up real estate on the phone and you're not getting a full 5.7 inch experience. But this is just my humble opinion. I'm still testing it out but it's a great phone, the battery is amazing, and it is super buttery smooth and fast.

Does the Doze feature automatically close tabs that are open unaware? I saw in a video that you had to manually close them where with my phone you can close them all at once.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Does the Doze feature automatically close tabs that are open unaware? I saw in a video that you had to manually close them where with my phone you can close them all at once.

Doze doesn't close apps... It actually does the opposite, when activated, it lets the apps run, but limits their ability to generate wakelocks, allowing your phone to remain in deep sleep for longer periods of time.

Besides, closing apps doesn't help things... Let Android handle app/memory management.