Just got my 6P! Honeymoon phase!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So I have a Nexus 5X (to experience pure Google) and a Note 5 because I love Samsung phones. I chose the 5X over the 6P originally based on my love of the Nexus 5 and because I didn't like the look of the 6P in pictures.

With Google taking off $50, adding overnight shipping and offering a huge return window I decided to order one and I'm glad I did. The 6P blows the 5X out of the water. The build, speed, literally everything is a massive improvement.

The glass screen on the 5X is terrible. It doesn't allow your finger to swipe or scroll over it nicely. It's tacky and course. The 6P glass feels like my Note 5 or 6s. It's so smooth. Like good glass should be.

I also love the vibrating motor. It's not loud and terrible like the 5X.

I have the ota for 6.0.1 but it's bugged to high hell on my 5X so I haven't installed it yet.

Has anyone here taken advantage of the deal? Did you get your phone yet? How do you like it?

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I had a 6p returned it and got a note 5. Saw the deal and got the 6p again and will switch between the two. I just love both phones lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm struggling between it and my 6s Plus. I switched over to Apple after a long time on Android and I'm actually enjoying Apple (as long as I don't act like or think that it's Android). But the deal and overnight shipping has me really thinking. I could still save a decent amount of money and have an awesome phone. The 6P is a VERY nice phone, but I'm not sure I actually want to come back to Android. As crazy as that sounds to me.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm struggling between it and my 6s Plus. I switched over to Apple after a long time on Android and I'm actually enjoying Apple (as long as I don't act like or think that it's Android). But the deal and overnight shipping has me really thinking. I could still save a decent amount of money and have an awesome phone. The 6P is a VERY nice phone, but I'm not sure I actually want to come back to Android. As crazy as that sounds to me.

Not crazy. Ios is fantastic. That's why I use both.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So I have a Nexus 5X (to experience pure Google) and a Note 5 because I love Samsung phones. I chose the 5X over the 6P originally based on my love of the Nexus 5 and because I didn't like the look of the 6P in pictures.

With Google taking off $50, adding overnight shipping and offering a huge return window I decided to order one and I'm glad I did. The 6P blows the 5X out of the water. The build, speed, literally everything is a massive improvement.

The glass screen on the 5X is terrible. It doesn't allow your finger to swipe or scroll over it nicely. It's tacky and course. The 6P glass feels like my Note 5 or 6s. It's so smooth. Like good glass should be.

I also love the vibrating motor. It's not loud and terrible like the 5X.

I have the ota for 6.0.1 but it's bugged to high hell on my 5X so I haven't installed it yet.

Has anyone here taken advantage of the deal? Did you get your phone yet? How do you like it?

such a better phone than the 5x ... pictures don't do the 6p justice, I've had several people ask me what phone it is, definitely a stunner

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I went back and forth between the 6P and Motorola X Pure for a long time. Then between the 5x and 6p.

I'm glad I didn't settle.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I jumped on the deal as soon as it went live. It arrived today about 3:30. I also agree the vibration motor is perfect. I'm coming from a Nexus 6 and that vibration motor was too strong and kind of buzzed. I do miss the 6" screen, I know that this isn't that much smaller but still... It does however lend itself more to one handed use. I also think the earpiece call audio is better than the N6. That one seemed to have such a small sweet spot for phone calls.

TL, DR I love it, great phone!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I jumped on the deal as soon as it went live. It arrived today about 3:30. I also agree the vibration motor is perfect. I'm coming from a Nexus 6 and that vibration motor was too strong and kind of buzzed. I do miss the 6" screen, I know that this isn't that much smaller but still... It does however lend itself more to one handed use. I also think the earpiece call audio is better than the N6. That one seemed to have such a small sweet spot for phone calls.

TL, DR I love it, great phone!

I can't use this phone one handed very well at all. I have average sized hands but my fear of dropping it takes over so I use two.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm struggling like you too. I just got the 6s plus about a month and a half ago on T-Mobile jump on demand. But this price drop and extended return policy is really getting me thinking of getting one. I know I'll love it.

Just now not sure to keep both phones, or buyout the iPhone from T-Mobile and sell it off. Why can't T-Mobile have the 6p on its jump on demand program!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm struggling like you too. I just got the 6s plus about a month and a half ago on T-Mobile jump on demand. But this price drop and extended return policy is really getting me thinking of getting one. I know I'll love it.

Just now not sure to keep both phones, or buyout the iPhone from T-Mobile and sell it off. Why can't T-Mobile have the 6p on its jump on demand program!

Yeah, I'm all in on iOS/Apple after picking up a MacBook yesterday at Best Buy on a great deal. But I'm in on this stuff for around $2500. I can get a top of the line 6P with Protection plan and a Surface Pro 4 for about $600+ less than my Apple gear. Which makes this a very difficult decision. I like both. And am really enjoying the 6s Plus. But I also love Android and am much more accustomed to using Windows over OSX.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm all in on iOS/Apple after picking up a MacBook yesterday at Best Buy on a great deal. But I'm in on this stuff for around $2500. I can get a top of the line 6P with Protection plan and a Surface Pro 4 for about $600+ less than my Apple gear. Which makes this a very difficult decision. I like both. And am really enjoying the 6s Plus. But I also love Android and am much more accustomed to using Windows over OSX.

The 12" MacBook? That is sweet. I'm waiting for the MacBook Pro that comes out next year before buying one again. Currently have the new xps 13.

I'm about to hit the confirm button on the 6p. What's funny is that my uncle gave me so much flak for switching to iPhone and said I'll switch back in a month. At that time i was like no way, now I'm like dammit I just fulfilled his damn prophecy lol

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The 12" MacBook? That is sweet. I'm waiting for the MacBook Pro that comes out next year before buying one again. Currently have the new xps 13.

I'm about to hit the confirm button on the 6p. What's funny is that my uncle gave me so much flak for switching to iPhone and said I'll switch back in a month. At that time i was like no way, now I'm like dammit I just fulfilled his damn prophecy lol

Yeah, I got one for $999 yesterday. Everyone says the same thing about me switching back to Android. I'm really trying to not show them they're right. It drives my mom crazy too because it messes up her text messages when I switch back and forth.

That money savings is really screaming at me right now. I'm about to hit order too. I'll have it Monday!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

The sp4 overall isn't that great imo. It's buggy as hell. Microsoft is scrambling to fix it and save face. Keep your macbook.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The sp4 overall isn't that great imo. It's buggy as hell. Microsoft is scrambling to fix it and save face. Keep your macbook.

I had heard that. I'm still up in the air if I'm even going to get the 6P. It's a great phone but I'm enjoying this 6s Plus for the most part.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah? Because of the bugs? I've heard about quite a bit of pretty annoying issues. That's definitely too bad.

That and ultimately it's still not good enough. Very limited selection of all's designed for touch so you'll still be using a mouse. Stylus is okay. Fingerprint reader and Microsoft hello as a whole are disappointing and u reliable.

Best thing about it is Microsoft edge until you want to check your gmail via inbox.

Spend the money on an iPad pro if that's the computing style you desire. Its better in every way and it will have LTE like a real mobile computer should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995