Why can't I connect my Nexus 6p to my Mac?

NexusKitten

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Can't connect Nexus 6P to Mac

I've downloaded Android File Transfer, unlocked my Nexus 6P and connected it to my Mac and Android File Transfer opens but a message pops up that it can't access device storage. I'm using a 2010 27" iMac running OS X Yosemite v10.10.5.

I'm new to Android phones so I may not be familiar with some terms and words when/if you reply, so please be patient, thanks...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't connect Nexus 6P to Mac

Welcome to AC!
I haven't had much luck connecting my phone to my Macbook since the Lollipop update either. It's probably an issue on Google's side and AFT has to be update for newer Android versions. An alternative would be to use AirDroid to wirelessly transfer files between your phone and Mac

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Pull down your notification shade, there will be an item in the "persistent" section (at the bottom) that tells you to touch it to change the USB mode. Tap that and select "File transfers". This is also where you'd select to use the phone as a power supply for another device rather than the phone charging from the other device (useful if you have two USB-C devices with one having worse battery life.

i just tested with my Nexus 6P and 2012 MBP running OS X 10.11.2

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Pull down your notification shade, there will be an item in the "persistent" section (at the bottom) that tells you to touch it to change the USB mode. Tap that and select "File transfers". This is also where you'd select to use the phone as a power supply for another device rather than the phone charging from the other device (useful if you have two USB-C devices with one having worse battery life.

i just tested with my Nexus 6P and 2012 MBP running OS X 10.11.2

Thanks for the help. I was going crazy trying to get Android File Transfer to work.

PeltFrelken

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Why not use Google Drive or Dropbox and transfer files wirelessly?

Posted via the Android Central App