Finally got my Nexus 6p

jacmeister

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Really stoked to have finally got a Nexus 6p, coming from a Note 4 and just recently an S6

This phone is really a premium upgrade on previous Nexii and os is so fluid

Have downloaded all My apps and will throw on Nova Launcher prime as I have read that this has the smallest footprint and uses least battery. Enabled developer options and changed screen to S-RGB but is there anything else you guys who have had the phone for a while would alter to improve the phone ??

Case wise I have just ordered Ringke clear case for office and a Supcase Unicorn Beetle for more rugged tasks. Any other better ones ??

Input appreciated.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend just leaving default launcher before installing Nova. I really don't see the need for it. I never installed it on my Nexus 6P. Don't you want to experience the pure android experience before you start loading up things?

I have spigen rugged case and it's the best case I have ever had. I hate cases in general but this one I'm liking.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend just leaving default launcher before installing Nova. I really don't see the need for it. I never installed it on my Nexus 6P. Don't you want to experience the pure android experience before you start loading up things?

+1 to that. I have not seen the need for a launcher on this phone. The less overhead, the better.

jacmeister

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations! You are going to love it!

Curious.... why did you change it to S-RGB? I know nothing about it.

I read that it changes the screen to more realistic colours and the blacks deeper. Does seem better !

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Any way of resizing the apps They are too big for my liking ?

Oh.... I don't think so. The vanilla android launcher is basic. However, I would give it a couple days to see if it still bothers you. Sometimes you are so used to your old phone that the things that look different seem unacceptable. But - if you need to resize apps, change their labels, etc., you'll have to go with a launcher.

jacmeister

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh.... I don't think so. The vanilla android launcher is basic. However, I would give it a couple days to see if it still bothers you. Sometimes you are so used to your old phone that the things that look different seem unacceptable. But - if you need to resize apps, change their labels, etc., you'll have to go with a launcher.

I think you are right. I will persevere with the Google launcher for a while and keep the apps to a minimum so they can't bother me. It's not as though it's a small screen !

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like the stock Android launcher you can import your setup when you do decide to fire up nova...

Posted via the Android Central App

home44

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Default launcher Icons are way too big. They silly so huge. Good thing about Nova is you resize the icons.

Sorry but until the default launcher icons size is fixed it's pants.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like the stock Android launcher you can import your setup when you do decide to fire up nova...

Posted via the Android Central App

In my case, I couldn't stick with the stock launcher because there's just not enough organization for my liking. I prefer action launcher 3 for the quick launcher. I can organize all my apps into folders on the quick launcher and stick with one home screen. Most launchers arent really all that resource intensive. You can get by with a custom launcher without bogging your phone in most cases.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Default launcher Icons are way too big. They silly so huge. Good thing about Nova is you resize the icons.

Sorry but until the default launcher icons size is fixed it's pants.

That's what I thought when I decided to stop using Nova Prime. But honestly, now I think Nova icons are too small lol.
It's all about what you get used it. I used Nova for years before opting for the absolute pure android experience and I LOVE it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie