05-15-2017 07:36 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    The following workaround works every time:

When the error displays, on my phone, I go to "Settings" | "Application manager" | <burger menu> | "Apps that can appear on top". Change drop-down from "Enabled" to "Apps with permission". Turn OFF the setting for ALL apps (you may want to write down which you had on). Tap <back>. Locate the app whose permission you want to change. Tap it and, under Permissions for that app, make the required changes. Tap <back> twice to return to the main "Application manager" screen. Now go to <burger menu> | "Apps that can appear on top" and change the switches back to "ON" for ALL the apps (or the apps you noted previously). Note that not all apps allow the switch to be toggled. This is normal.

Depending on the apps you have installed, you may have to switch a LOT of switches, like I have to. It's a horrible process and a big oversight by whomever is responsible for such a poor implementation.
    03-15-2017 05:09 PM
    I've solved mine. First I deleted CM and that solved part of the problem but not all of it.

I then went through my most recently installed apps that use screen overlay and remembered that my floating toolbox app was recently updated. I turned it off and that solved the problem completely. I then updated the permissions I needed to update and then switched my floating toolbar app back on.

That's it, it's as easy as that. It's been bugging me for days. I'm on Samsung Galaxy S6 and the problems began with the most recent update a few days ago.
    04-02-2017 11:01 AM
    It apeared for me on Samsung A7 2017 and there was really no solution but I found a new solution.
    That's so easy.
    Just reset factory... install all apps you need but ***make sure you do not open any app after installation of it***
    Then go to setting>applications> app name and when you are in setting of each application go down and select permissions. Then turn on all permissions of all applications installed one by one.
    I suggest you start with WhatsApp if you have it in applications you use.
    When all application's permissions are turned on then start opening apps for the fist time and use them.
    About the new applicatins you want to install it's the same, install it and before opening give it all permissions in setting then open it.
    It seems the only bug in this version of android is that you must give permissions to applications manually before it comes to ask you while running application.

Good luck.
    05-14-2017 10:00 PM
    This solved issue of screen overlay in my samsung J5:
    https://wildtricks.com/screen-overla...ndroid-device/
    This may also help you guys...
    05-15-2017 07:36 AM
79 ... 234