Wireless charging receiver for nexus 6p

john.robles

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys! Anyone using a receiver for ur 6p?
Can anyone share a link where can we get one! Ty! 😝😝😝😝
f4a0a98345b12700442afe3b80773412.jpg
de024a0c3464ff853540a54215a6bf8d.jpg

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
At this point you should just charge the phone with the supplied charger. Wireless charging is too slow.

Posted via the Android Central App

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it? Why would you want this thing folded over the bottom of your phone and stuck to the back of it? People do this?

Or do you stuff it all in a case?

I had wireless charging on a previous phone and I don't miss it on the 6P. The USB C cable is so easy to snap in and it charges so much faster than a wireless connection. But... to each their own.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

EricHjelm

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting for these to hit the market: ZNAPS (I'm new so it won't let me have a url in my post).

Just as convenient as wireless and probably a lot faster...

Just added that to my list of things to buy. Just have to wait for USB C to come out. Thank you for that!

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just added that to my list of things to buy. Just have to wait for USB C to come out. Thank you for that!

Just get a micro USB to USB Type C adapter. I have a few of those so I can use my existing chargers and cables and they work great.

Via the Android Central App

EricHjelm

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I have one, too.
A USB A to C.
Existing chargers don't push the 3 amps that the OEM one does though.
And it's a nice idea to eliminate wear and tear of plugging in and unplugging the charger.
Better to spend a few dollars on it than have to open up the phone for a repair later.
The port is one of the parts that is most likely to break.
Although the Nexus 5x seems pretty easy to open up from teardown videos, I'd still rather avoid the situation altogether.
Not to downplay your response.
That's just my train of thought.
Haha.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for these to hit the market: ZNAPS

I've been waiting on these as well.. They originally said shipping in "January" now it's saying March..... Hopefully they get them up and shipping sooner rather than later...

Need concept and idea....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At this point you should just charge the phone with the supplied charger. Wireless charging is too slow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Usually it's about convenience. I am not sure how convenient this one would be but when it's built into the phone it can be very useful.. Depending on the person.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for these to hit the market: ZNAPS

Now that looks like a great idea! We'll have to see how it handles cases.

On the topic of wireless charging and I hope this doesn't bring on attacks because I am seriously tossing this into the discussion for feedback, I still have one concern when it comes to wireless charging...

HEAT. When I did use wireless charging on my Galaxy a while back, I recall the phone getting hot at the point where the wireless pad and phone meet which was on top of the battery. It's been about a year, has this situation improved? Does it generate less heat? If it hasn't improved, heat is the enemy of a battery and we can't replace the battery in the 6P.

From this great article...8 Essential Tips To Keep Your Phone's Battery Healthy....

"What's far more dangerous to a battery's well-being is heat. Lithium-ion batteries despise heat. A li-ion battery that's been exposed to temperatures of around 100 degrees Fahrenheit for a year will lose about 40 percent of its overall charge capacity. At 75 degrees, it'll lose only about 20 percent."

"Try to avoid wireless charging if you can, because the waste-heat those chargers generate will also bake your battery."​

I like the convenience of wireless charging but this is my first phone with a non-removable battery so I want it to last as long as possible.

mikefrombx

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a nexus 5 and I used the wireless charging constantly. I have had a 6p for about a month and I don't miss the wireless. Battery is big enough and the 15 minute top off is terrific.

This thing just looks like it is begging to be ripped and stuck in the phone

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Are there still no USB C Qi adapter patches or Qi cases for the 6P?? Something tells me if there arent any Qi cases for it by now, there won't be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney