Boot Loop

jdk606o

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this thread, if it isn't please move to correct forum. I was unrooting my nexus 6P, and I mistakenly wiped everything off my phone before recovery. So I lost my recovery image. I have never done that before and now I am in a boot loop. I can still access the recovery page and TWRP. Can someone help out? It is saying I don't have a factory image. Hopefully this can be fixed..*:(

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Go install WugFresh's Nexus Root Toolkit. That'll do everything you could possibly want to the phone. :) Root, flash custom recovery, ROMs, OTAs, UNROOT and put it back to factory spec, you name it.

No worries, it happens to the best of us. I've accidently wiped my phone more times than I am willing to admit in an open forum. :) If you can turn a Nexus device on, you can recover it. :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nexus comes in Google and LG both, which you are talking about?

HTC, Samsung, LG, Asus, Huawei are all OEMs that have made Nexus devices to Google's spec. ADB is the "Android Debug Bridge" and is a low level debug interface for ALL Android devices. "Fastboot" refers to the fastboot bootloader interface that is the default Android bootloader interface... it's use by Nexus and a few select other Android OEMs... Motorola uses (used?) it for their Moto devices. But OEMs like Samsung and LG replace it with their own proprietary bootloaders on their own devices... for some odd reason...

RogMoore

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
HTC, Samsung, LG, Asus, Huawei are all OEMs that have made Nexus devices to Google's spec. ADB is the "Android Debug Bridge" and is a low level debug interface for ALL Android devices. "Fastboot" refers to the fastboot bootloader interface that is the default Android bootloader interface... it's use by Nexus and a few select other Android OEMs... Motorola uses (used?) it for their Moto devices. But OEMs like Samsung and LG replace it with their own proprietary bootloaders on their own devices... for some odd reason...

Thanks for the info, you were quite helpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams