1x1 Chrome bookmark widget not working

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

When I try to add a bookmark widget to my home screen, the 1x1 widget, it takes me to the 'select a bookmark' section, but no bookmarks are shown to select. I do have several bookmarks in chrome, but none appear to choose from to use as a widget.
Anyone seen this issue?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have that problem because i know I put a Facebook shortcut on my phone a few weeks ago. It didn't ask me to pick a widget, it just stuck an "F" widget on my home screen.

But let me toss this in too - I ended up switching to Metal which is a shell for the Facebook web page. It adds a Facebook like side menu and pull-down to refresh. I really like it. As far as I can tell, it is not resource or battery intensive.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that problem because i know I put a Facebook shortcut on my phone a few weeks ago. It didn't ask me to pick a widget, it just stuck an "F" widget on my home screen.

But let me toss this in too - I ended up switching to Metal which is a shell for the Facebook web page. It adds a Facebook like side menu and pull-down to refresh. I really like it. As far as I can tell, it is not resource or battery intensive.

Thanks for the tip. I just trying to add shortcut to home screen from chrome app itself and it worked.

I'm not seeing that the FB app is consuming too much battery or anything, it only shows about 1% usage, but I do see that it is always running in the background.