Battery Pack

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
saw this on Reddit..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/42mqw9/ravpower_20100mah_battery_pack_wusbc_is_currently/

I've been wanting to grab one, was hoping Mophie or ZeroLemon would've come out with one by now. I'm thinking IF the M10/S7/G4 have USB-C we'll start to see 3rd party accessories flood the market at reasonable prices.

Anyone have any experience with this RAVPower company? The low cost kinda has me concerned, and I really wanted something a little smaller/more compact.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with this RAVPower company? The low cost kinda has me concerned, and I really wanted something a little smaller/more compact.

I have used RAVPower products and I would not hesitate to buy their products again. I bought a small portable battery and this.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have an old RAVpower that'd probably 3 years old. Still works. Use it all the time. Battery doesn't last as long but no biggie since its 3 years old and used all the time especially when I flew a lot. Last few months has been quiet but I still use it to cycle it. My next one will be RAV power as well.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't hesitate to suggest Anker to people, have a 15,000 mAh pack with USB-A ports on it, charges my tablet pretty well, haven't had to use it for my 6P yet. They have a USB-C one that's the same capacity as that RAVPower one, it's $51 on Amazon (looks to be sale from $120).

Robot Check

Sorry for the link text, not sure what Amazon is doing there...

xiLLeNtz

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
If you watch UrAvgConsumer on YouTube he actually featured that the RAVPower in his most recent video as his battery pack of choice.

I don't use a battery pack so I haven't done research in them but from what I have seen: This is the first one with quick charging so that's a plus.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you watch UrAvgConsumer on YouTube he actually featured that the RAVPower in his most recent video as his battery pack of choice.

I don't use a battery pack so I haven't done research in them but from what I have seen: This is the first one with quick charging so that's a plus.

Anker doesn't advertise it as "quick charging" but it has "Power IQ" which will provide the voltage needed for the fastest charge. With a proper USB-A to USB-C cable, the 6P won't indicate "charging rapidly" but I imagine their new USB-C battery that I linked previously will charge rapidly.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Anker doesn't advertise it as "quick charging" but it has "Power IQ" which will provide the voltage needed for the fastest charge. With a proper USB-A to USB-C cable, the 6P won't indicate "charging rapidly" but I imagine their new USB-C battery that I linked previously will charge rapidly.

per the reviews on Amazon supposedly it does display the "charging rapidly" notification