Google launcher

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Sucks... I tried again and after 5 minutes of setting it up I reverted back to nova. Is it just me or does Google launcher offer nothing as a launcher?! I want to like it because everything in my phone is mostly google but I can't unload waze for maps or nova for google launcher.

Lefank

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess it all depends on just what you want from your launcher. If you want the features you are used to having with Nova, then no, you are not going to like the Google Now launcher.

For myself, I have toyed with Nova, wasn't hugely impressed, and reverted back to Google Now.

To each his own.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely a fan of Nova launcher. The icons are too big in Google Now launcher and I don't like that you can't adjust the size of the icons or the grid size.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I always used Nova on all my Androids. This is the first phone I am using Google Launcher. Tried Nova for a day and went right back to Google.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't really need a ton of options in a launcher... It's there to get me into my apps, with a couple of widgets, etc. And the Now integration, which I use quite extensively, is welcomed.

I've used Nova, and found myself fussing with settings far too much. I am more than happy with Now.

But that's what's great about Android... There's always options and everyone picks their own path.

CobaltDragon

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I use the Google Launcher - I've never found anything in a 3rd party launcher that compelled me to switch. 98% of my use is with an app of some kind open, so the launcher and app drawer aren't really changing my experience hugely.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Questions. Does Nova allow you to close all apps with one press? Also, does it have a better battery % display?

Google Nexus 6P

No for both of those. I don't think any launchers allow you to close all apps with one press, and to put a better battery % display, try downloading gSam battery.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've used Nova Launcher on my last three phones. What does Google Launcher do that Nova can't? I usually install Nova right away so I don't know.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've used Nova Launcher on my last three phones. What does Google Launcher do that Nova can't? I usually install Nova right away so I don't know.

That's not the point. The question is, what does Nova do that is so much better than simply using Google's own launcher? For many of us, Nova doesn't do anything that we want or need, so we just stick with Google Now.

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I just see a lot of people use it and figured I was missing something... Apparently I'm not ☺️ nova is just too good I guess.

Lefank

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I use Nova, but there is one thing that Google Launcher has that I wish Nova did, and that's having Google Now integration on the left homescreen.

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I love being able to size apps and widgets, adjust the bottom, gestures, smoothness, get rid of that Google search bar at the top, double tap screen off, swipe down notification from anywhere on screen, ok google still works even when the screen is off... I'm sure there is more I guess.

Lefank

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh and I added google now to the left screen just like Google launcher... So I guess I answered my own question?!

Lefank

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh sorry, I meant the widget not the actual google now view... I have that set as a gesture just to swipe up on the screen

Lefank

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I used Nova Prime for years on my Samsung phones. But not since I moved to Nexus 6 and now 6P. Google Now just fantastic. Stock android all the way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae