Folio Case with sleep mode function causes phone too long to wake up

nex6p

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a leather folio case that has a sleep mode function. I am finding the lag too long when I open the cover to use the phone. Without the case there is no discernible lag from off or sleep mode to on.

Is there an option to disable the sleep mode function?

I have set the sleep time to 30min and turned off Daydream. I have enabled developer options but don't see anything to shut down sleep mode function.

Thanks

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you open the cover, do you immediately fold it back behind the phone? If so, the embedded magnets in the cover (that activate the smartcover sensors in the bezel) might be too strong, and perhaps they're still activating the sensors while folded behind the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unlike other phones (like Samsung), the Nexus line doesn't have a specific setting for a smartcover--it's just built into the system, so I don't think there's a way to turn it off. It'd be interesting to compare it with an official smartcover case--do you happen to know anyone who has one?

nex6p

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, no.

However I'd like to hear from other owners using folio cases with this functionality

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463