Ghost Calls

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I searched but found nothing so here's my question. Have any of you experienced any "ghost calls" with your 6p?

The phone will be sitting doing nothing and then it'll start the ring tone then immediately sound the hang up tone. This happens probably 2-3 times a day. And started just a couple weeks ago.

I did recently add a number to the block list under the settings in the phone app. Could this be causing the issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Easy enough to test that theory. Block your home phone - if you have one - and call the cell.

--
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're thinking too much.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When this happens, does anything show up in the Call Log as a Missed Call?

Oh my God ... the call is coming from within the house!!!:eek:

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a lot of blocked numbers on my phone and what you describe is exactly what happens when a blocked number calls.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of blocked numbers on my phone and what you describe is exactly what happens when a blocked number calls.

That's what I was looking for. To see if someone who has had a blocked number for a while experiences the same thing. I figured the phone wouldn't even register the call, just send it straight to voice-mail. Thanks!

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
When this happens, does anything show up in the Call Log as a Missed Call?

Oh my God ... the call is coming from within the house!!!:eek:

No notifications or call log changes. But, a user stated below that this seems like normal behavior.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I get a lot of spam calls from "Unknown" so there's no way I could block them. Is there any solution to this?

Google Nexus 6P

register your phone on the "Do Not Call List" ... also I never give my number out to anyone but friends and family. everyone else goes to Google Voice. If you owe money to creditors, behind on your bills, etc then it's pretty much impossible to get them to stop.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
register your phone on the "Do Not Call List" ... also I never give my number out to anyone but friends and family. everyone else goes to Google Voice. If you owe money to creditors, behind on your bills, etc then it's pretty much impossible to get them to stop.

I'm registered on the 'Do-Not-Call' list. I for sure don't owe anyone any money.

Google Nexus 6P

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm registered on the 'Do-Not-Call' list. I for sure don't owe anyone any money.

Google Nexus 6P

interesting, it's probably the same fraud company calling you letting you know you just won the Nigerian lottery. Have you answered any of the calls? That happened to be once, i started answering the calls and threatening them. After a couple weeks I stopped getting them

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Best way to deal with unknown/spam calls: answer, open the number pad, spam the number buttons for ~5 seconds, and hang up. They stop calling after that.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
The DNC list is a joke.

I use Mr Number. It pops up letting me know if the number is a scam or not.

Politicians and people looking for donations can call your number for any reason. I keep getting called about a line of credit for my business. Since I don't have a business, I ask them how the weather is, if they have kids, etc. They eventually hang up but the robocalls still come in.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty much fraud calls. They'd leave a voicemail claiming to be debt collectors. It's usually automated. Most of them have a number which I can block with Google's phone app. The issue is, it doesn't let me block 'unknown' since it has no number attached to it.

Google Nexus 6P

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt