6P is on the way..reccommend me some rear skins and toughened glass please?

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
6P is on the way...reccommend me some rear skins and toughened glass please

Have finally ordered my 6P and need some help from owners in regard to rear covers and front glass.I intend to maybe get a dbrand rear skin in the future but need a thin,clear rear cover and front glass before I start using the phone,any help appreciated,thanks,David

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: 6P is on the way...reccommend me some rear skins and toughened glass please

nice!

so if you want clear go with Spigen Hybrid, and grab their TGSP for the front. It's cheaper on Amazon than their website.

also, Rhino Shield just started shipping their bumper. It's nice cause the volume buttons on the 6p are easy to accidentally adjust, and the bumper helps prevent that from happening.

all 3 look and fit nice and provide good grip.

also, IMO the Nexus microfiber is a nice case specifically when you're using it for gaming, watching a movie, or any other times of prolonged use. reason being the back is really comfortable to hold. it's an original case and IMO the best looking one for any phone I've ever seen.

and DBrand is the only skin I've ever used and I always have had a good experience with them. their customer service is top notch too. if you mess up putting it on for whatever reason they'll immediately ship a replacement.

good luck.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Yeah what he said. Most seem to like the DBrand skin. The Rhino Crash Guard Bumper seems to be getting a lot of love here lately. I'm actually considering both of these options myself, and I received my Inskin tempered glass screen protector yesterday. I'll soon have as much spent on accessories as I've spent on the phone.

GC

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site

My products...

eb2ee1b91e1589455e3abf4a1902b30c.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1454592328229.jpg

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I got a dBrand skin on my white 6P. Carbon white rear and back, matte black camera cover and nexus cutout with the colored X. I don't worry about scratches on the back with the skin, it looks really cool, and the carbon texture makes holding it easier. (coming from a 'tiny' 4.7" Nexus 4)

Still not sure about what to do the front though. I got a matte black skin, but am thinking about a glass protector. I had Pleson tempered glass on a short lived-owned Asus Zenfone 2 and didn't like how it fit and had a bit of space on the extreme edges and looked cheap.

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

I absolutely love dbrand skins. First I had the Titanium but then they started offering the blue carbon fiber and I just couldn't resist.

I had the Spigen Neo Hybrid EX but now I just have the skin on, I just have to worry about not to drop it but everyday scratches from picking it up and putting it down, nah, the skin is really protective.

FYI the blue is actually a little darker, but I took this with my Z3 so the lighting is odd.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1625.jpg
    1625.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 91

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just put my dbrand skin on and im doing a full review and they are ok but deff. not as good as people say or how dbrand wants you to think.

Back skin fit great...However the nexus logo cut out has some parts they were cut to far and look like it was done on a cricut. The camera visor peace i got was crap. Fit like junk. But the back fit pretty well and its the good 3M film not the cheaper 3M stuff some places use.

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I just put my dbrand skin on and im doing a full review and they are ok but deff. not as good as people say or how dbrand wants you to think.

Back skin fit great...However the nexus logo cut out has some parts they were cut to far and look like it was done on a cricut. The camera visor peace i got was crap. Fit like junk. But the back fit pretty well and its the good 3M film not the cheaper 3M stuff some places use.

If you're unhappy with what you got you can just email them and they will send you a replacement. I've read a lot about Dbrand skins in several forums and people are generally satisfied with the quality. I've installed 2 sets (back, camera and frame) and they have both been perfect, including every cutout. So maybe yours was just defective. I'm sure they will sort it out and send you another one

zagcollins

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

Have finally ordered my 6P and need some help from owners in regard to rear covers and front glass.I intend to maybe get a dbrand rear skin in the future but need a thin,clear rear cover and front glass before I start using the phone,any help appreciated,thanks,David

1. dBrand skin of your choice
2. Poetic Affinity case
3. Nillkin H+ Pro TGSP
4. You are good to go!

IMG-20151229-WA0007.jpg IMG_20160203_195138.jpg

VermaEklavya

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

Hey here is my Nexus setup. A simple carbon fiber dbrand skin, and a (somewhat) clear case. Nothing too fancy. I like the simplicity :)

Though I suspect a completely clear case would look wonderful

Posted via the Nexus 6P!

Attachments

• 23142.jpg
    23142.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 147

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies,I`ve decided on a blue c/f skin with a yellow Nexus logo from dBrand,a Ringke Fusion clear view rear cover and a Pthink tempered glass screen protector..will post a pic when its all assembled..Thanks again,David.

TCgetsBored

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Yoozon and it save my phone. My son (1 year old) Grabbed my phone and threw it across the room and it landed on the screen against the corner of the wooden futon rail. It chipped and cracked the Yoozon cover and left my screen beautifully in tack. This is the first time that I've ever put one of these Tempered Glass Screen Protectors to test (albeit not on purpose) and I was very happy with it's performance. I will most likely buy the same cover again.

As a side note, in my opinion, the Spigen Ultra Hybrid is superior to the Ringke fusion clear in every way. The Ringke allows too much dust in, is totally rubberized the entire way around and because of this it just feels cheap.

Spigen is very precisely engineered, has a better fit on the rear (this is very evident around the finger print scanner), is smooth (some don't like this, especially if you have a small hand it can feel slippery), and generally feels and looks more premium.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Working good, using the rhinoshield with my tgsp and clear skinomi. Didn't apply perfectly but complaining with my extra protection for my back.... Will post pictures later.

Chezsu

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site

Firstly, congratulations because the 6p is a fantastic phone. What colour did you choose?

For screen protection I never look any further than the Orzly tempered glass. Yes it's thick but it has saved my Nexus 6 prior to me upgrading to the 6p plenty of times.

The case is a tough one. As clear plastic one is sure to ruin the feel of the phone imo. I'd go for the standard case from the Google store although it's often out of stock. I can't post the link as I've only just joined.

Why do you want a transparent case btw?

Leon Stevens

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
You are using the Yoozon with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid? Is the Yoozon an "edge to edge" protector? If not, can you see a gap where the screen protector ends and the edge of the Spigen? Also, which case was on when the phone was thrown?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Slickwraps has some awesome superhero skins. I think I'm going to buy this one

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1927.jpg
    1927.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 96

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011