Transferring files

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! just got the Nexus 6P and while I love it, there is something that's driving me nuts. I had the S6 and I saved all my files to my computer (I have a Samsung ATIV Windows PC) to then transfer them to my Nexus 6P. The files are things like videos, pics, and backups to my apps. It won't transfer. It keeps saying THE DEVICE HAS EITHER STOPPED RESPONDING OR HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED. Other files look like they're going to transfer and I get this message: DO YOU WNAT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY SELECTED MEDIA FILES ON YOUR DEVICE? YES (RECOMMENDED) MEDIA FILES WILL BE CONVERTED AND COPIED TO THE CORRECT LOCATION, SO YOU CAN PLAY THEM ON YOUR DEVICE. NO ALL THE SELECTED FILES WILL BE COPIED TO THE SAME FOLDER, BUT MEDIA FILES WON'T PLAY ON YOUR DEVICE. It doesn't matter what I select, nothing transfers. I've searched and tried everything from USB debugging, to making sure the phone isn't locked, restarting the phone and my computer, making sure none of the files I want to transfer aren't blocked or protected. I'm at a loss. Help please! Thank you

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a different cable/port? You can try a factory reset as long as your google password has been in effect for MORE than 72 hours. In the meantime, put Wifi Explorer (or similar) on your 6p. It will give you an address to type into your pc web browser. Voilá! You should now be able to put your files on the 6p. Caveat: both pc and 6p must be on the same network.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of or tried Wifi Explorer. So far its letting me add files. I'm just hoping now they view or play like pics and videos. Thank you!

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of or tried Wifi Explorer. So far its letting me add files. I'm just hoping now they view or play like pics and videos. Thank you!
I am sorry. I totally missed the second set of CAPS text. Don't know how??? That's what another poster was asking about when you replied, "How would I do that?"
Formats should be the same. Actually, it's wifi file explorer-just one of several. It allows access to contents of your sd card without a cable via your computer internet browser. Some file explorers allow transfer remotely but more slowly than a cable or the direct wifi file explorer types. Obviously, you got past the pull-down notification shade choice or you would not be seeing your sd card contents on your pc.
6f89be75bbf6c6f7e5fa3000e910dd0b.jpg

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've never had problems transferring between Windows PC and any Android device, including the 6P. As noted above, once you connect to the PC via a USB cable, you need to (a) ensure the phone is unlocked - enter your pin or whatever if necessary - and (b) drag down the notification bar where you will see something like "USB connected" - tap that to see the menu shown above and select the "File transfers" option.

Having said all of that, I prefer using the free version of Airdroid for most file transfers. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&token=HTgzO7hH

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never had problems transferring between Windows PC and any Android device, including the 6P. As noted above, once you connect to the PC via a USB cable, you need to (a) ensure the phone is unlocked - enter your pin or whatever if necessary - and (b) drag down the notification bar where you will see something like "USB connected" - tap that to see the menu shown above and select the "File transfers" option.

Having said all of that, I prefer using the free version of Airdroid for most file transfers. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&token=3bO4UlJu

I stopped using Airdroid because its a bloated mess these days.

It has antivirus, Boosters, Hotspot, teathering, file manager with basic functionality and app manager which no one needs.

So I uninstalled it and start using send anywhere for my transfer needs