The simple things your Nexus 6P just can't do right? or at all?

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Can you be more specific?

I did read that it would be added to the Google Now settings (from homescreen, swipe left until you reach the Google Now cards, tap menu, tap Settings) but it is not there on mine. According to the Play store, I have Google Now launcher "Installed" so I presume that means I have the current version.

Nexus 6P, fully updated Marshmallow.

Far left screen, donut, settings and it's bottom
Edit: just seen the post, how odd?
Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: The simple things your Nexus 6P just cant do right? or at all?

Thanks for that. I can now see why it isn't on by default! Doesn't really look right with large widgets.

I don't use it at all. I always lock my phone into portrait mode. It would occasionally rotate if I held the phone weird which was annoying, I could see this being useful if you had a car mount or something.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

You have to update your Google app. I think you said you were on 5.7.whatever So you need to update it. That setting will not be on that ver of the Google app.

Well, I went to the Play store, searched Google Now, Uninstalled it (updates), re-Updated it, and still the same.

So, I did the same thing with the Google app (lost all my homescreen layouts in the process, damn!) and still do not have the auto rotation option and Google Now "About" still says version 5.7.14.19.arm64.

I am in the US. You guys also?

(The funny thing is, I don't really want homescreen rotation; I just want to know why I don't have the option)

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Well, I went to the Play store, searched Google Now, Uninstalled it (updates), re-Updated it, and still the same.

So, I did the same thing with the Google app (lost all my homescreen layouts in the process, damn!) and still do not have the auto rotation option and Google Now "About" still says version 5.7.14.19.arm64.

I am in the US. You guys also?

(The funny thing is, I don't really want homescreen rotation; I just want to know why I don't have the option)

Google 'Google app apk' however you have to have click on install from unknown sources in security settings. Then find the apk and your good to go.

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

UK here N4N.

Whilst here, I wish you could lock icons/widgets in place. The times that I've taken the phone out and something has disappeared from my home screen to one of the others drives me mad.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

constantly launching camera by accident. i know i can turn this off, but i like the quick access of double clicking. i think the button is just too sensitive.

Trader05

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I just tested this with PowerAmp - my preferred music player - playing to the phone's speakers and it definitely DID NOT pause when I rotated the phone to/from landscape orientation. I also know from experience that it does not pause when playing to my Bluetooth headset.

So, what player are you guys using?

I'm using google play music, even happens when watching a youtube video.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

It's something unique to your phone. I just tried with YouTube and Spotify, and nothing gets paused when I rotate the screen.

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Likewise.
It doesn't happen with poweramp but as half my music can only be accessed by Google play it's a big flaw.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Likewise.
It doesn't happen with poweramp but as half my music can only be accessed by Google play it's a big flaw.

I just tried Google Play Music playing tracks which are stored on my phone (Nexus 6P), a couple of Play Music "Radio stations" and other online music. Works just fine with no pausing while rotating back and forth between portrait and landscape.

Also, does not pause when watching/listening to YouTube videos.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Hmm well I wish mine did that. Not seeing it in settings.

Can you be more specific?

I did read that it would be added to the Google Now settings (from homescreen, swipe left until you reach the Google Now cards, tap menu, tap Settings) but it is not there on mine. According to the Play store, I have Google Now launcher "Installed" so I presume that means I have the current version.

Nexus 6P, fully updated Marshmallow.

This feature is currently available only to testers. you will have to wait until the test version reaches everyone.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

This feature is currently available only to testers. you will have to wait until the test version reaches everyone.

You can download the new version on apk mirror. That is true though, I remember them letting you sign up for beta Google updates in Google now at some point in the past. I don't remember when I signed up.

s8trick

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

Go into Setting>>Google>>Search & Now and enable Allow rotation

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital