Which Nexus 6P size and color should I get?

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I want to buy the gold 64gb for $499 but its out of stock. Do I get the 32gb at the discounted price $449 or wait for the 64gb to come back in stock and pay full price at $549?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't get less storage than you need and be sorry later. 32GB is plenty for me, but not enough for a lot of folks. If I got 64GB it would be wasted. Look in the mirror and ask yourself how much storage have you required in the past. Then base your decision on that. It's easy to want to rush it because it's human nature to not want to wait, but measure twice, cut once.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
32 GB is enough for me as the only thing I really store are pics and apps. But if I had the choice to go back in time I'd get a 64 GB as this is the phone I plan on having until the next one comes out or heck freezes over. I'd get a different color if you want it badly enough.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
The reason most phones start with 16 gb in some cases, but 32 gb now in most cases, and not 8 gb as was once the norm, is because people need more storage for pictures, games, videos, music, etc. Sure, there is the cloud but without internet access what good is it. I WANTED to put all my music on my phone, so I only have about 15gb left on my 64 gb phone. My biggest concern, however, isn't for now but how much data are we going to need 1, 2, 3 years in the future. If you're on the fence, get the 64 gb. I wouldn't be surprised if in 1-2 years, I don't regret the 128 gb myself. But I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Marius1919

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Go for the 32 variant, it realy is plenty, especially in this modern age of the miracle of cloud services, like dropbox and google photo offer it for photos, google drive for dicuments & stuff, and googke music for all you music, and this only scratches the cloud market. The gold variant is nice, I went whith the aluminum variant for the less precious look and more induatrial one, plus aluminum one offers the bennefit of looking always cleen, the black one is like a fingerprint magnet.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
64GB. Wait. (unless you need a phone right now)

32GB is probably enough but why not future-proof and pad yourself with extra storage? We just don't know what's coming down the line or what your future needs will be. Will data plans loosen up and become cheaper so the cloud is actually a limitless option? If not...What if you decide to travel on long flights or drives and want to load up audio and video (for example)?

For me, it's travel. I'm not up to using 32GB now but I know I probably will be loading it up on my next international trip.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to buy the gold 64gb for $499 but its out of stock. Do I get the 32gb at the discounted price $449 or wait for the 64gb to come back in stock and pay full price at $549?
Best buy didn't have the gold 64GB in stock at the retail store. I did order through the csr though. Even though they said the shipping was about a week? To my surprise they 2nd day aired to my house. I ordered it on Sat. It was on my doorstep on Tuesday. I must say the gold is really, really nice. It looks like a brand new 14ct gold chain color on the edges that shine like polished gold. Also, with the 499 price you will get a 25 dollar gift card to boot.

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the 32 GB Aluminium and if I had to do it all over again, it would be the 32 GB Gold version first, followed by Frost.

And just curious Gold and Frost owners - is it slippery like the Aluminium?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
No love for graphite? Ha ha. Guess it doesn't matter since I'm skinning mine here this week.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mama